The Orphan Girl

Painting comes natural to me. I never have to do much, just move my wrist and it'll turn out okay without me putting much effort into it at all. The grass in the painting seems to dance in the wind but obviously it isn't, 2d things don't do that, but I imagine it is. I change my paint colour to a darker green and begin to painting the stalks of the flowers so that they look like they are dancing in the wind like the grass. Then I move onto the heads of the flowers with a load of different and bright colours. Then I paint the sky and the trees and all of the leaves flying off the tree as it is moving in time with the cool summers breeze. Painting is like reading, you can picture anything and be a imaginative as you please. It's all worth it in the end.

Once I've finished painting it, I step back to admire my work and to see how it looks. It looks real but I still think its missing something that I think is more important than anything else in the painting. I bend down so I'm level with the bottom of the picture and write a couple of words - This is my dream, the dream.

I feel a warm hand on my shoulder and spin around, nearly punching the other girl in the face. She beams at me while holding my hands in hers.

"Hey, my names Myra. You're the new girl aren't you." I smile at her, "That's a really nice painting."

"Yer, I'm new and thanks. I don't really remember learning how to paint, it just comes naturally to me."

I try to pull my hands away from hers but she's holding on to them too tight. I don't even know her and she's already touching me, not sexually but it's still counted as touching. Why does growing up always conclude in taking everything the wrong way? It's super annoying. I can hardly look at a persons face properly until I know them. I smile shyly at her and she finally lets go of my hands. I step back a little to stop myself from projectile vomiting all over her.

Someone opens the door and peeks in, saving me from the awkwardest moment of my life so far, "Girls get to bed. You've got your first class early tomorrow morning."

Myra turns around and she starts walking to her bed that is the furthest away from me. Thank goodness.

I roll on my bed and hide underneath the covers. It's always taken me hours and hours to get to sleep. My eyes slowly droop and everything goes black into my favourite dream.

(I know this chapter is quite short. I've just had really bad writers block but I hope you enjoy your lives and stuffs)

(•_•)

<) )/ All the single ladies

/ \

( •_•)

\( (> All the single ladies

/ \

(•_•)

<) )/ Oh oh oh oh oh oh

/ \