The Orphan Girl

I run up the stairs, not daring to look back to see wether they are joking or not. I don't want to be disappointed at the moment, not after the amazing news I've just gotten. I think I'd cry and I'm a pretty tough person. Nothing matters any more because I'm finally free from this place. They didn't even ask my age or anything like that. It's like they don't care about it and that its not important but for me, it is just because I've been counting down the days before I can leave. I'm beginning to love this faction already and I've not even started doing anything in it yet. I can't wait to start doing whatever they do because its obviously got to reflect their personality. I think they have quite brave and fun characterisations so it must be in their faction as well. It's got to be an amazing faction.

When I reach my room, I swing my door open and jog inside. I almost trip over on the loose plank of wood by the door but I soldier on to the nearest secret cupboard by the side of the door. I reach down, open the door and take out all of the things inside. My bag, that I use to go to the gym and hold basically everything that I have, is inside this cupboard so I stuff everything into it. My guitar obviously doesn't fit in the bag so I throw the strap around my shoulder, I've never had a bag thingy to put the instrument in so its more likely to become damaged. I still love it anyway so it doesn't matter much. I look around the room to check to see if I've left anything. My skateboard is downstairs with everyone else so I don't worry about having that with me now. There's nothing left so I turn around and walk back down the stairs back to the ground floor. There no looking back. Not now, not ever. But then again, who would want to go back into that room. It's a nightmare beginning to happen and everyone knows it. The dauntless people probably know it must be bad for me because they left quickly and they didn't take long to decide who was the best.

I'm back on the ground floor looking at all of the disappointed looks on people's faces. Sucks to be you but you have all had a better life than me. Now it's time for things to turn around. I smile and look at the people that say their from a faction called divergent. I hope their not lying and they are secretly pedophiles. I doubt Natalie would ever be like that but I'm not so sure about the other two.

"Right. So do you want to say goodbye to anyone before we leave?" Natalie says looking at me with gentle eyes that look just like my mothers. When I look deep into her eyes, I see pain. I wonder why. There is no point in asking myself why at the moment because I have even more important things to do - like insulting everyone before I leave.

"Goodbye Sammy, Harry and all of you other pointless idiots." I yell at everyone with so much sass, it would blind you. Too much sass. I turn on my heels and walk towards the door hearing the dauntless people snickering behind me. I salute to them without turning around and I realise I'm suddenly outside. I've never been outside the orphanage before so its like a whole new world. The only time I've seen outside that prison is from the hole in my window or when I was in that really weird dream. I never thought I'd ever be free like this.

(Hey guys. It's only a short chapter. Don't forget to vote and enjoy life :)