The Orphan Girl

"All of the drugs." I yell after him. Drake laughs even harder. I look over at him and notice that he's crying. He has an amazing jaw and his eyes. They literally sparkle like Edward Collin. Not many eyes sparkle like that. It's quite impossible. He notices me staring at him and I smile.

"Lets get going then." Tori says whilst grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the stairs. I wave goodbye to him and turn around to walk with her. She looks over at me, smiling cheekily.

"What?" I say smiling back at her.

"You know exactly why I'm looking at you." She says and I guess I do too. I didn't think it was that obvious that I liked him. I thought I was being quite casual. God dam it Drake.

I tilt my head up to see how far the stairs go as we reach them - not that far.

"At least the stairs aren't as laborious to climb like the ones back at the orphanage." I say not being able to hide the thankfulness in my voice.

As the top of the stairs come to view, I hear Tori slightly panting besides me. It was only two sets of stairs.

"How are you not tired?" she asks me. I look over at her as she doubles over clutching her legs whilst breathing heavily. I never needed to do that, even when I first started the orphanage.

"I had to climb about thirteen sets of stairs at the orphanage so this is a breeze for me and also, it sounds like you're having a baby." I say laughing at my own comment. I'm so alone.

Suddenly regaining her strength, she says, "I really feel sorry for you but there's no time for waiting around so let's get a move on before all of the others come bombarding out from where ever they've hidden."

She grabs my arm and drags me over to the girls room. Tori opens the door for me when we get there. I can't believe what I'm seeing. There are girls lying on their beds talking to each other, space to walk around and everything is clean. Not even a speck of dirt would be found in this place. Tori places her hand on my back and pushes me forwards to the single bed at the very back of the room.

"This is going to be your bed," she says pointing to it in front of me, "some of these girls in here would kill for this bed so treat it wisely."

I turn around to face her. All of the other people in the room are looking at me, probably wondering who I am. I'm just some random person you don't need to worry about, I think looking at some of their muscles. I think I'd be able to take them down in a fight though so it doesn't matter. I've always looked skinny and weak but I'm not. People learned that the hard way. Tori stops me from thinking any further by plonking my stuff down on the bed. She turns to face everyone else that are in the room. They look up as if they're going to get some really important information. I doubt this is important but you never know what people think until they say it.

"Hello everybody, this is Evelyn and she will be joining you guys," this resulted in a couple grunts and rude comments but I decided not to react to them - I don't want to get into a fight with anyone on my first day, it wouldn't look good, "she will be doing all of the tests that you are doing so I don't want any grunting. She has been through a lot a bad stuff so give her some slack."

She walked towards the door and leaves. I look back at everyone and smile but they ignore me and carry on with what ever they were doing before we interrupted. I was never that rude. Sighing heavily, I turn around and sort out the stuff on top of my bed. There are three t-shirts, one pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, a jacket, some pants, socks and a pair of sneakers. This is the biggest amount of clothes I have ever owned that I can remember of. Its perfect. Ive got to thank Tori when I get the chance to. Underneath all of that I see all of the paintbrushes and paint that I asked. I'm going to make this place look a bit more presentable and more like home, or at least what I wanted to be home. The place I like the most. I open the green paint tub and start painting on the wall next to my bed.