The Orphan Girl

I understand everything now. It all adds up. My favourite dream. These people. My parents. The hatred from Peter. Their murder. My rubbish life. It all makes sense. How could I have been so stupid?

My parents were in the dauntless faction.

They took me to this place and left me outside as they worked.

These people were born here so they must have been taught by my parents.

Peter must have been kicked out by one of them.

He decided to take his revenge by murdering them.

He immediately hated me because of them so he showed it.

What do I do now? Should I go back in or should I go back home? I think I'm old enough to move out. Is 17 old enough? Mummy? Daddy? Help me.

I sit down on the grass and stare into the distance. The flowers seem to talk to me. I reach over and pick a handful of the most colourful ones. Daisy chains have always been way to make but this is different. I join the bright chain together to make the shape of a flower crown. I put it on my head and state back into the distance again. Now my head can feel exactly like I do, dead. How pleasant am I? To be honest, I annoy myself sometimes. Do you ever just think you could fly off a bridge? I do, but that's suicide.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look over to see who it is. Natalie. She must have heard of the sudden outburst that I have just had. Things spread like flies. I lay my head in my hands and sigh deeply. What have I done to deserve this?

"I'm really sorry about them. They don't understand what it's like to be left behind," she says quietly, "You've probably found out about your parents and maybe you've learned a bit about yourself and the previous events in your life."

I nod slightly with my head still in my hands.

"I just don't understand why they wouldn't tell me." I whisper.

"Who, your parents?" I nod, "I don't understand that either but I know that if you sit here feeling sorry for yourself, you'll only make them feel worse."

"It's hard not to think about it."

"I know it is but you've got to have fun to be able to forget"

"That's the best quote ever."

"My parents always said that to me and I'm going to be honest with you, it actually works."

"Your parents seem nice." I say.

I look over to her and smile. She smiles back and I see something flash in her eyes but its gone before I know what it is.

"How old are you?" she asks

"17. What about you?"

"18. I think we're going to be very good friends," she says, "let's go back in there, I'll get your clothes and you can go introduce yourself to the others."

She pulls me up and drags me back to the door.

"I like that flower crown." She smiles and we walk back into the faction, forgetting everything that had just happened. Just have fun and you'll forget all about your life. Just the advice I needed all this time.

(Second update guys. Comment anything that you'd like me to add to the fanfic like characters or events and I might add them. Credit will be given guys. Stay in school. Baiiii :)