𝐢𝐢. friends and housemates

"A NEW GIRL?" Lydia asked as she followed Allison, her best friend, into the school's lounge area

          "A NEW GIRL?" Lydia asked as she followed Allison, her best friend, into the school's lounge area. Word had traveled fast around the boarding school, considering the newbie was stirring things up in Anubis house.

The school was no stranger to gossip either, as word had also already made its way, about what people were thinking. Allison hummed in response, falling down into the armchair beside the couch. "People, well Patricia mostly, think that she's got something to do with Joy leaving."

Lydia furrowed her eyebrows as she took a seat next to the arm of the couch. Of course, she knew that strange things had happened-she was literally a 'wailing woman'-but she wasn't sure whether or not Nina really did have anything to do with Joy leaving. "We should talk to her," Lydia suggested as Allison pursed her lips in response. "Please, we became best friends because I liked your jacket. I think we can talk to her."

"It was a cute jacket," Allison defended as Lydia playfully rolled her eyes. "I'm not saying we shouldn't talk to her. I just, I don't know. Maybe I'm a little worried, that's all." Lydia quirked an eyebrow, clearly not understanding what Allison was worried about. "It's just strange that Nina shows up right as Joy leaves. I'm not saying she's involved but-"

Lydia put up a hand, causing Allison to go silent. "If you're about to start talking to me about coincidences and fate and whatnot, don't. It's been awhile since I've had any sort of bad feeling and I'd like to keep it that way, thank you." Allison smiled slightly before checking the time on the watch she had.

"We should be getting to class," Allison announced as Lydia just sighed. "We can befriend Nina another time, come on." Allison got to her feet, prompting Lydia to do the same. The two began to head down the hallway to their next class. As they settled into their algebra class, Allison quickly caught the attention of the girls sat in front of them. "Have you guys talked to the new girl yet?"

"Nina? No, but if I hear Isaac justify how crazy Patricia's been acting one more time, I'm going to kill him," the girl with long wavy brown hair snarked as she turned in her seat to face the two girls. "Kira-" Before she could continue, the girl beside her-presumably Kira-cut in.

"I've been wanting to but she's mostly been with Fabian so I haven't gotten the chance," she explained, seeming sorrowful for having not talked to her yet.

"I hear Patricia's got some crazy scheme planned for her tonight,"

"Wait, what? Malia, I need context," Lydia interjected, staring down the brunette. Considering how interested Lydia was with the new girl's arrival it's no wonder she was now as well. Malia rose an eyebrow, not understanding what Lydia meant. "Where'd you hear that?"

"Alfie and Jerome," Kira cut in, playing with the end of the messy braid her black hair was tied into. "They usually tell Malia whatever she asks. It's weird." Malia shrugged, turning back in her seat. Clearly, she had lost interest in the conversation. "But Alfie and Jerome are apart of it. It's some sort of...initiation thing?"