The Death Note

I wake up to hearing Ryuk making noise next to me. I open my eyes and look to see I am still sleeping on the ground.

"Ryuk?" I ask, staring at him with tired eyes. "What are you doing? And stop making so much noise."

"Get up," he says. "You're out of apples."

I grunt loudly at him in anger for waking me up. "I hate you."

"But you really should get up," he says. "Everyones going to get suspicious when you don't show up to work."

I jump up quickly, when I remember something. "Where's Misa?! Is my notebook still here?"

"Dom't worry," Ryuk laughs. "Its still in your room."

I sigh in relief as I go to get the Death Note.

"Misa is crazy," I say quietly. "Who knows what she'd do if she got my Death Note."

"She's not smart enough to think of taking it," Ryuk says. "She didn't even get all her stuff!"

"It's dangerous to have this notebook around," I state.

"Didn't you know that when you first started using it?" Ryuk asks.

"Yes," I say. "But it's different now. Ryuzaki and I are going to be spending more time together now. I can't risk him finding this. He'll hate me forever." My whole body shudders at the thought.

"So, what are you going to do about it?" He asks.

"I... I don't want it anymore," I stutter. Giving up the Death Note will be tough but I think that L and I are more important than this notebook. Keeping this notebook would be selfish, like I don't care about L at all. That is what he'll think if he finds out that I am Kira.

"What happens when I give up the notebook?" I ask Ryuk.

"All memories of the Death Note will be gone," he answers.

"So I won't feel any regret afterwards?" I clarify.

"Not unless you touch the Death Note again. If you do, all memories will return."

"How do I give it up?"

"Are you sure you want to do this, Light?" Ryuk asks. "What about the world you had planned out? Everything you've worked for will be for nothing."

"Not exactly," I say. "Can you do me a favor?" Ryuk nods. "Give the Death Note to someone who thinks the same as me. Someone who wants what I eant and is smart enough that they know how to keep it hidden."

"If you say so," Ryuk says casually.

"Now, tell me how to give it up."

"Say you forfeit the Death Note." Ryuk says simply.

I raise my eyebrows, "That's it?"

"Yeah," he says. "What'd you expect you had to do, trade your soul to a demon or something? Thats ridiculous. Shinigamis don't force the Death Note on anyone. But the consequences of using it will still be there."

I sigh, "Alright..." I try not to think about it too much, because after I forget everything then none of this contemplation will matter, so I say the words, "I forfeit ownership of the Death Note."

Afterwards Ryuk takes the Death Note and vanishes wordlessy as I fall on the ground, into a deep sleep. This must be when my memories of the Death Note vanish.

A/N: I hope no one hates me for making him get rid of the Death Note but I would rather focus on L and Lights story rather than Kira. And I think it is the cutest thing ever if Light guves up the notebook for L. Anyways, let me know what you think. Vote and comment if your enjoying. Bye!