6

Soon came time for Valentine's Day, and now the entire school knew that Lucius Malfoy and Cassandra Potter were dating.

Cassie was a little more reserved around people, but that was because of everyone talking about her and Lucius.

On Valentine's Day, Cassie received a huge box of chocolates from Lucius.

All day, Lucius kept giving her little gifts like flowers, more chocolate, braclets, things like that.

Everyone saw them as the model couple.

Cassie seemed sad closer to the end of the day, and Lucius asked her why.

"Because you've given me sooooo much stuff today and all I had for you was a card." she said softly.

"Hey, you being mine is as much of a present as I need." he grinned.

She blushed, causing him to chuckle as he kissed the top of her head.

"It's revolting." said Sirius, who was standing with the rest of the Marauders, not too far away.

"Yes, it is." James agreed.

About a month later, Cassie was hardly talking to James and Lily at all, which made them wonder of something was wrong.

After dinner one evening, Lily confronted her.

"What wrong Cassie? You hardly talk to us at all anymore."

"Umm... Lucius... Lucius doesn't want me talking to Severus and Sirius and Remus and Peter..." Cassie said, but Lily could tell she was lying.

"Cassie, what is going on?"

"Nothing it's just...... okay sometimes he hits me! But he always apologizes."

"Cassie this is serious, you can't let him do this to you."

"What if he hits me worse when I try to break up with him?"

"I'll come with you. We can bring Severus. He won't dare try anything with us around."

"Al-alright." Cassie stuttered. Lily explained the situation to Severus and they set off for the library where Lucius was doing homework. Lucius' facial expression never changed and it all went rather well. Or so they thought

Two days later, Severus discoved Lucius hitting Cassie and lashed out.

"Sectumsempra!" Soon, Lucius blood formed a large pool beneath him and Severus stopped the bleeding.

Professor Flitwick, who came to investigate after hearing the commotion, demanded an explaination. After hearing Severus out, Flitwick erased Lucius' memory of Severus' attack.

When Cassie stopped hyperventilating and calmed down to a reasonable mood, she threw her arms around Severus and hugged him tightly. He hesitated before hugging her back.

"Thank you Severus, I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't shown up. I should've known better. I'm 11 and thought I was ready for a relationship. What on earth is wrong with me?"

"It's alright. He shouldn't bother you now."

Im sorry that its been so long, ive had a lot going on... i find it hard to write about a love story while stumbling through my own and im really sorry.