14

"What's a Demi-god?" Cassandra asked the centaur in front of her. "And who is this Athena you keep talking about?"

"A Demi-god is the child of a god or goddess who is half human. Athena, who we discovered is your mother when she claimed you, is the goddess of wisdom and battle strategies," Chiron told the witch. "Demi-gods often have ADHD and dyslexia, as you do, as their minds are attuned to combat and ancient Greek writing."

"I can read... Greek?" She asked incredulously.

"Yes."

This conversation had been two days ago. Now she was learning how to kill various monsters from the centaur she came to know as Chiron.

"But can't I just use my magic against them?" She asked him.

"I am not sure," he replied. "To my knowledge there has never been one who is both wizard and demi-god. You can try to use your magic in the event you are attacked, but I will teach you our methods regardless."

Hogwarts at the end of the year
Cassandra Potter had returned to Hogsmeade and decided to visit Severus. Upon seeing him, she embraced him tightly.

"Cassie. It's been so long," he said. "I feared the worst."

"Oh, you should've known that I'd get distracted sightseeing after finding what I was looking for," she giggled. Severus smiled for a moment, then his expression became solemn once again.

"Cassie, Harry is in the hospital wing."

"Oh my gosh, Severus, what happened?"

"As you know, we were protecting the Philosopher's Stone. Well, Quirrell was apparently serving Voldemort and tried to steal it. Mr. Potter, along with some friends, tried to stop him, thinking it was me. Harry proceeded to face Quirrell and his master alone since only one may pass my trial at once. When Dumbledore found him, Quirrell was dead, Voldemort gone, and young Mr. Potter unconscious," Severus explained. "Your nephew had the stone, but the events that occurred are a mystery."

"I want to see him," she said.

"Dumbledore is with him now."

"I don't care, I want to see him."

"Very well."

When Cassandra reached the hospital wing, Dumbledore was already talking to Harry, who had but just woken up.

"Professor," Harry asked after noticing her. "Why is my neighbor here?"

"That is a question I will let her answer, Mr. Potter. Good day," Professor Dumbledore said, taking his leave.

"Harry... there's something you need to know," Cassie said, sitting on the edge of his bed and placing a hand on his cheek. "I am your aunt. Your dad was my brother."

"But... but why didn't you tell me before?" The eleven year old asked.

"I didn't want them to treat you worse or not let you come over. That's why I always offered to watch you without charge."

"Why can't I stay with you?"

"Dumbledore has his reasons, even if they are not clear at the moment."

"Why haven't I seen you all year?"

"I have been in the United States looking into a rumor that your father and I were only half siblings. I found it to be true."

"Are you still going to be in your house on Privet Drive this summer?"

"So many questions, but yes. I will. I am going to leave you to rest now; I have matters I wish to speak to Dumbledore about."

Cassandra found Dumbledore in his office.

"Professor, I would like to recommend that you add the position of therapist to the staff," she told him.

"I assume you wish to apply for the position?"

"Yes. I believe, with what my nephew and his friends experienced this year year and normal preteen to teenage issues, a therapist is exactly what Hogwarts needs."

"Very well, the job is yours."

Cassie went to Severus's office to tell him, and he was ecstatic.

"You'll be here all the time?" He confirmed.

"Other than summers, yes," she smiled, playing with a ring on her finger. Her smile vanished with her next statement. "But for now... I think I am going to visit my fiancée."