"And that's when he told me that I can get selected for the Regionals if I become a trainee at his company and get selected by the trainers there. He's actually the CEO of a famous sports company called the Guardians Inc. So I started working hard and finally got selected to be a trainee a few months after I turned nineteen. But the selection for that year's race was already over, so I continued training hard. And my effort paid off as I got selected for this year's Regionals and came first place in it.

"But two years of harsh and nonstop training changed me a lot; physically and mentally. My initial goal was to become more powerful so that I can win the race, earn a lot of money and support Emma, but it soon changed and now all I care about is winning the Tachyons Cup. And hence, keeping that goal in mind, I aced the quarterfinals and the semifinals and I was just on my way to achieving my ultimate goal when I got stuck here. And there you go, the end!"

The two of them stayed silent after that until something popped up in Elsa's mind.

"Where do all your flirting habits come from, though?" She asked.

Jack grimaced before answering. "Its just something that my trainers and fellow trainees told would work... Especially if I needed a favour or if I was in trouble..."

"Didn't help you much this time, huh?" Elsa smirked.

"It was a complete waste of time and effort." Jack groaned.

"Well then, your sister, Emma- does she live with you?" Elsa asked.

"Nope. I left her with my father's sister when I left for my training." Jack replied casually.

"You said you've been working nonstop for two years, right?" Elsa asking, sitting up so that she could see his face as she asked her questions.

"Yup," Jack raised his arms and placed his hands below his head.

"And does this nonstop mean you didn't see your sister at all?" Elsa raised an eyebrow.

"Um... I did visit her a couple of times..." Jack trailed away, looking away from her piercing gaze. He glanced back and saw her glaring at him, which made him groan. "Okay, fine I admit it. I visited her for the first few months until I became completely obsessed with developing my powers. I haven't seen her for a year or so."

"Jack are you an idiot?!" Elsa hissed before smacking him hard on the arm.

"Ow, that hurts!" Jack whined, rubbing his arm.

"Why didn't you visit her?" Elsa asked.

"Well, I told you! My goal changed and I became obsessed with winning the race! And besides, Emma is safe and happy with other kids her age in my aunt's house," He complained.

"Do you really think she's happy?"

"....yes?"

"That sounded more like a question than a statement, meaning you aren't sure whether she's happy or not."

"Look, at least she doesn't have a useless older brother hovering over her, who can't even maintain a low-wage job properly," Jack grumbled.

"Goodness, I knew you were stupid but not this stupid!" Elsa groaned. "Jack, both of you have lost both of your parents. And you even said that Emma was probably sadder because she couldn't even meet her father. So after your mom died, just like how she's the only one you have, you became the only one she has! I mean, what would you do if Emma, the only person you rely on, suddenly left you a few months after your mom died?!"

Elsa had this sudden urge to slap him when he gave her a blank stare as realisation slowly crept onto his face, but she held herself back.

"You imbecile, come to your senses already!" Elsa grabbed his jacket collar and yanked him up. "What are you gonna do once you achieve that title of Tachyons Cup winner? How can it even come of use? A title is just a title, Jack! It can easily slip away from you when someone else appears. But the family isn't like that! No matter what you go through, the first ones to stay by your side will always be your family! And you just left yours, initially for her sake, but gradually for your own. Don't you feel guilty?!"