Jimin

I watch with a heavy heart as Jin hugs me for the last time and asking me to be safe as his mate takes him away from me. I hold back tears as I glance anxiously back at the alpha planning to claim me.

      He doesn't look mean but you can never know

He doesn't look mean but you can never know. Jin is so lucky he already knows what his alpha is like. Mines a total mystery. My eyes seek out Commander Jeon as he moves around, still working the lottery and getting the other omegas and alphas set up.
      "Come on." My alpha sighs, taking my arm and pulling me to the booth to officiate the matings.
      I sit silently as he begins filling out the paperwork but pauses halfway through and glances at me in confusion. "I'm sorry but there seems to be some mistake." He frown.
      I tense as the alpha in charge checks my papers. "What's the problem, alpha?" He asks.
      He huffs in irritation. "It's says here that this omega is 15. I need one that will be going into their needing soon." He sighs. "I didn't realize."
      I don't notice Commander Jeon come up from behind. "It clearly stated in this year's lottery objective that we would be including younger omegas starting this year to prevent deaths from unclaimed omegas throughout their needings. Did you not read through your form, Sungwoon?" He frowns.
      He groans. "I missed it. I can't take him! I'm only discharged for a few more months before I have to come back on duty and I can't claim a mate then!" He argues.
      I make myself as small as possible in shame as I'm already being rejected. Tears of anguish and humiliation fill my eyes as they argue back and forth.
      "Well the lottery is over. If you wish to no longer claim this omega then fine. We will take him back since he hasn't been given the injection it isn't official yet but you'll have to wait until the next lottery to try and reclaim." Jeon explains calmly.
      Alpha Sungwoon groans. "I need a mate now, though. Can't I just switch him with an older omega?" He asks impatiently.
      Jeon's flare red with anger. "There are none available at this time. The only thing I can do for you is to let you know if one begins their needing or becomes available. You could claim them then but otherwise you can take this omega or nothing today." He shrugs.
      Sungwoon eyes me reluctantly. "How about I take him temporarily until you find a replacement for me. We can exchange then since I've technically already paid for him as well as wasted my time?" He suggests.
     I whimper at that. I'm just a waste of time to him? Jeon places his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. "No. It's very clear you aren't satisfied with this omega therefore by the rules you will not have to take him home. We will find you a proper omega of age and call you when they become available. Will that work?"
      Sungwoon ponders his compromise.  "How long will this take?"
      He shrugs. "I'll try to have you one available by next week. You can go ahead and pay now so you won't have to come back here to reclaim. It will make it easier for you."
      Sungwoon nods. "That will work." He stands and shakes Jeon's hand.
     "I appreciate you being cooperative about this. I'll give you a call."
      He nods before looking back at me and he actually looks apologetic. He touches my cheek making me flinch. "I'm very sorry little omega. I truly fell for your beauty but you're just too young for me. If I had more time I would've happily claimed you." He smiles.
     The weight on my shoulders lift a little as he treats me kindly despite rejecting me so harshly before. I nod to him as he leaves.
     Of course I'm the only omega ever to be rejected from the lottery. I had a mate for a while ten minutes. It's so sad I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Now I'll be sent back to the commune alone for a whole other year only to suffer this humiliation again.
     Jeon clears his throat. "I'm really sorry about this little one. It's not your fault, you know. That guy never pays attention. He's a soldier like us and only has a certain amount of time to have young." He explains gently.
     I nod, holding back tears. "W-what's going to happen to me now?" I ask quietly as he leads me back inside the dressing area.
      He sighs. "This hasn't ever happened before but I'm just assuming you'll come back with me. You'll have your own room for a while until new omegas come in or be born." He shrugs.
      I nod. I wish I could see Jin or Hoseok again. It's going to be so lonely now...there are only five omegas at the commune now including me. The other four were too young for the lottery. Two of them being ten years old and the other two being fourteen.
     He takes my arm and leads me to his large truck. Driving us back to the commune. "Are you hungry?" He asks as we arrive.
      I shrug.
      Sighing, he helps me out of the truck and through the gates. We stop in then hall beside my shared room with Jin and Hoseok...now just mine. The thought is depressing.
      He clears his throat. "Would you like anything? Food? A bath? Something?" He clearly doesn't know what to do in this situation so I force a smile for his kind effort.
      "I think I just want to be alone." I mumble.
      He nods. "Alright but I want you to know you can always talk to me. About anything, anytime. I'll be here and I'll keep you safe. You don't have to be scared here anymore, Jimin."
     I take a deep breath. "Thank you."
     "You're welcome. It's my job to care for you and I'll take it very seriously. It will never be like it was before." He promises and I know he's telling the truth.
     I smile and meet his eyes. "The Omega you claim in the future will be very lucky." I blurt out, blushing.
      He pauses, surprised by my statement. He chuckles, embarrassed. "I like to think I'd be the lucky one. Omegas are to be cherished and well loved and cared for." He smiles.
      I sniffle as I watch him go into his office. I go into my now empty room and stare out the window. I wish I could be that lucky omega. To be loved and cherished only by him...