You... the Light

You - the Light                      

by sloanranger

It was late afternoon or early evening.

I was reclining on the sofa with my kitty Midknight - telling him what a wonderful kitty, such a good kitty,  he was. So good... and in same breath... not too good, though... you're not too good - believing as I do that the universe takes the very good or the very wicked more quickly or maybe just hedging my bets - long ago having come to the conclusion or reason behind the deaths of the very good such as the men we call martyrs or avatars like Jesus or other world teachers, as the seeding of the universe with their atoms and such and likewise for the 'evil' as balance, or something else I've not figured out yet.

My thoughts and eyes went to the ceiling as I said - him either, God, please – You do not want him either, or me. He's not good enough yet by half - he's good but there is so much work left for him and for me, too. Our atoms would not be good fertilizer for anything yet and maybe together we can do something really fine or at least make Your wait worthwhile.

And suddenly, the ceiling lit up. You answered.

The light changed completely, became brighter - markedly, and so did my face.

I smiled and my heart did too - the sun coming out from under a cloud, no doubt - but still: Your Loving Answer to me. 

And then, somehow, light rays fanned the ceiling - the clouds and sun were playing among the vertical blinds. Visible rays of even more light came, continued moving upon the ceiling - as though someone were playing them. 

But they weren't, it was only You - answering me, playing with me, loving me, you...the Light, now.