Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer               

by sloanranger

It was one of those horrifying nightmares - the kind where a killer (sometimes more than one but not his time) is chasing you - relentlessly.

Do you know the kind I mean? You're not even certain why you are being chased but if you're like me, you usually carry with you some kind of residual guilt over something you've done, one lifetime or another.

But there need be no immediate cause – you are just going to die if he or they - catch you.

Sometimes – dreamlike - you look back to focus on he-them to find out what weapons they have so you will know HOW they plan to kill you but that can give them a millisecond advantage in finding out where you are – and in dreamtime – that's enormous.

Your heart is pounding in real time and dream-like you want and work it out but no use to argue with the killer.

The strangest thing about this nightmare, was that my killer was Christopher Walken – someone I really like: his comedy, most of his films and certainly his dancing. But in this dream he was my pursuer and death was very near.

I was terrified.

In desperation I mentally called – summoned, someone I care for very much. Miraculously, he came instantly - and just as instantly he knew what my dilemma was.

My friend in turn must have somehow summoned the pursuer – Walken, as he appeared and he marched Walken into a wooded area.  And in a few dream-seconds, my rescuer-friend returned  alone.  

He took a seat on a park bench. I knew he would be there watching over me throughout the night but before I could drift away he asked: "Do you want him gone forever?"

One of the more sickening aspects of these nightmares can be if you have one or more of your children with you when the killer(s) is-are, after you.  Fortunately for dream-Walken this time I did not.

Because two days later when I told my friend of the nightmare and his savior role, he asked me: "Was I on a white charger?"

I said: No, a park bench - and told him about the dream.

When I got to the part about my friend asking me that question, whether I wanted him (Walken), gone forever - and how I had quickly answered:

"No. Because I thought you would kill him if I said, yes."

His reply was brief:  "I would."