The Letter

It was a boring Monday and I had absolutely positively nothing to do. So I did what I usually do. I took out my diary and started to write about my neighbor/crush Jake.

'Ah,Jake. I wish I could spend more time with him. I love the way his brown hair shines in the sun. Or how his smile is as gorgeous as a bag of jewels.

I just remembered. It's a school day! I'm so late! I ran downstairs and asked my mom to drop me off. "Honey its 7:30. You have to be to school by 8:00." She said making a smoothie. Since I had to be to school a 8:00,I decided that it was enough time to walk with my friend Iris.

"So,did you talk to Jake yet?" She asked poking my face. "No. I'm not even sure he likes me yet. He hardly speaks to me. Maybe once every two days but that's it." Iris tickled me to make me smile. "Hey,Anna!" A familiar voice said. I turned around and yup. It was Jake. "Oh..h-hi Jake. What are you doing here? Well not here but walking on this path. Well the school is - you know what,I'll be quiet."

I brushed my hair behind my ear. "That red hair color is really nice by the way." He said. "Uhm, thanks..I-I....uhh.... thanks..." I yanked Iris' hand and I speed-walked the rest of the way to school.

Ugh. My day is starting to get worse. Science. I hated Mr. Landsheimer. He is the worst teacher in the history of science teachers. After class I saw Jake in the hallway talking to his friends. I turned away and went downstairs to the lunch room. Since it was a half day,I decided to skip school.

Yes. Bad idea. But Iris was there with me at the school's park. When school was over, we walked to my house. No sight of Jake. "Hey,where's Jake? And where is his mom's van?" Iris asked looking at Jake's house.

I didn't pay attention to anything she said so I just went inside ad we went up to my room. On my bed was a white letter with a heart on the seal. I opened it and read it and my heart sank. It was a letter from Jake.

'Dear Anna,I didn't get the chance to tell you but I'm moving today. I didn't know when the right time was and I waited until the last minute. Also,I wanted to tell you I love you,Anna. I really wish I would be told you earlier but I was so nervous. Did I tell you your hair color looked perfect on you today? Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how I felt. My things are at my new home so I won't be coming in out neighborhood anytime soon. I hope you get this letter. Love,Jake ❤'

I read it over and over again not believing the words on that paper. A tear slipped from my eye. Soon the made puddles on my tile floor. "He..he left. And he's never coming back! EVER!!!!" I shouted hugging Iris. Luckily that day was my last day so I wouldn't have to see anymore annoying faces.

That day I decided to take a walk since it was a warm bright sunny day. I went to Starbucks and bought me a hazel but coffee. After that I kind of walked around town. Then someone bumped into me. "Watch where you're going you jerk!" I shouted. Then he looked up.

"Anna? I thought I'd never see you again." It was Jake. "Jake?...Sorry...I...Uhh..." Before I even realized it,we were kissing! "Um, Anna?x Jake said biting his lip. "I'm sorry... I didn't-" He hushed me by locking his lips onto mine. Best day EVER!!!