Chapter 2

Ruby's POV:

I woke up snuggled next to Liam breathing heavy. The scenes of last night came back to me and suddenly the sting of tears reappeared at the back of my throat. I felt Liam's soft snores as they echoed through the otherwise silent room. I looked around surprised to see all of the beds empty except ours. The curtains were wide open letting the sunlight pour through and illuminate the dark room. For the first time in weeks, I looked at the room. Actually looked at it. The small bunk beds were carved out of dark wood, and the covers taking on a yellowish rotten smell. The curtains were bright blue and in very good shape which suggested they were added later on. The walls of the room were slowly peeling off revealing a black rotting stone underneath. And then I looked at Liam. Really looked at him. I  studied how each of his snores caused a twirl of hair to be blown off only to fall back again. I watched how his bright blue eyes shone even through his eyelids. How his muscular arms hugged me and pulled me closer. The way he always seemed to have something to smile about.

I kissed him once then again and again and again till he gave up and forced his eyelids open. I stared into his eyes mesmerized by the passion there. I could always read Liam. Emotions and his thoughts filled his face in a way everybody could see. He looked at me once, then started laughing. I joined in immediately pulled into the small happy bubble that suddenly erased all my worries. This was the thing with Liam right. His smile could make me love him even more and want him even harder. His smile was like the siren's voice at sea.

His soft lips lowered down to mine making my spine shiver. The kiss was so soft and tender that I could barely feel it. But it was there. He kissed me, again and again, attacking me from all sides until I stopped fighting and gave into his touch. As he felt me relax he trailed a path of kissed down my neck stopping right before he reached my collarbone. He started pulling off my shirt but someone burst through the door. He rolled off me so quickly that he fell off the bed and onto the ground.

"Umm," I heard Chubs back out of the room in terror, with his face reflecting a boy caught with his hand in a cookie jar. "I'll just... Umm, wait outside for you to Umm... get ready..."

"No need, we're good," I said trying so hard to keep my snort in so he wouldn't feel stupid. Liam, on the other hand, burst into laughter still on the floor now not rolling all over me but the old stained carpet which lined all of the rooms in the abandoned house. I swung my legs over the side of the bed jumping of and helping Liam up again. I kissed him again and passed Chubs on my way out of the room leaving the two boys to themselves.

Liam's POV:

I Saw Ruby walk out of the room with a devilish smile on her face. Then I looked at Chubs who went from surprised to terrified to now kind of angry.

"I told you to stop doing that when there are other people within the square mile!" Chubs said rubbing his eyes as if trying to rub out images from his mind. It had happened once before that Chubs had caught them doing it in the dark, claiming he was scared for life, and traumatized by the experience. Well technically he didn't see them he heard them but that was enough for him.

"I'm not the one who almost got someone pregnant" I replied, the smile returning to my face, happy with the comeback I managed to muster on the spot.

"Keyword there buddy 'ALMOST' " Chubs exaggerated the word almost as if highlighting it. I noticed the way color spread through his face down his neck, his face a perfect mirror image of embarrassment. I started laughing again.

"Close enough... Dude she almost killed you." I managed to say in between choking on my laughter.

"Well, Vida is a feisty one" Said Chubs with a slow shrug. I still don't know how they ended up together I just know they did.