》ch. 25

The sea water kept rushing in through the cracked wall, flooding to your knees. Black spots were slowly showing up in your vision and you stumbled a bit, losing your balance.

"Y/n-chan!! Please take my hand we have to get you out of here!" Keimi yelled, outstretching her hand to you.

You were about to reach for it, your hand ready to grasp hers, but before you could Hody threw water arrows at you.

It was condensed sea water, sharpened at its tips to be as sharp as arrows. More than a few pierced through your skin, the fact that it was sea water made it worse, blood spurting out of your new wounds.

"Ah!" I gasped, feeling the pain travel through my body.

Unlike with normal items, it didn't pass through you, it pierced right through, blood leaking profusely. It didn't take much for you to completely lose balance and fall into the water.

"Someone get Y/n!" Nami yelled, staying away from the fight. Keimi was about to charge in to swim towards you, but the water arrows stopped her from swimming closer to you.

Zoro sighed and cut the restraints from King Neptune. Usopp and Brook had already freed all of the Neptune Army, who was caring Brook since he was losing his energy.

"Let these two go free," Zoro demanded of the King who was looking at the swordsman curiously.

"What about you?" Neptune inquired.

"I've got to deal with the uninvited guests...and catch an old hag." He said, before diving into the water, all three of his swords out of their hiding.

He placed one in his mouth and immediately spotted you sinking down to the palace floor.

Trying his best to sink faster, he started to swim towards your unconscious form. He stopped midway when an arrow whizzed past his nose.

Zoro turned around and looked at Hody who was smirking.

"If you think you, a human, can win against a fishman underwater you are nothing but mistaken. And if you think you can reach that Meredith dweller before me, you will face death."

Zoro grit his teeth against the hilt of his sword and sent a quick attack to the fishman. Hody easily dodged it, but it bought Zoro time to make his way towards you.

He outstretched his arms and brought your weak body to his chest. Immediately he felt that your heart was beating, but very slowly, and started to panicked.

Hody laughed like a maniac and sent waves of arrows towards you two. Zoro tried his best to dodge the hits, but few skimmed his arms. This made Zoro lose his breath and also his grip on you.He couldn't hear what Hody said, but some of his men swam towards your sinking body. Zoro tried his best to fight them off, but his attention had to be turned over to the leader.

"My men are here for two things, to capture Ryugu Palace and for that girl," Hody moved from his place, meters away from Zoro, and appeared in front of your lifeless body.

"Give up you human, this will be your final battle!!" Body yelled confidently, going in with his trident, aiming directly for the swordsman.

Zoro was preparing for the fishmen to charge towards him, simultaneously keeping a watchful eye on you, waiting for the right moment to strike.

It was all over in a mere second. Hody, who was holding your body, went charging in straight for Zoro who was already ready to cut the fish in half. Zoro's sword met the skin of his stomach, leaving blood to seep through and eventually dissipate in the water.

While the New Fishmen Pirates stayed still from the shock of their captain getting hurt, Zoro grabbed your body and swam to the surface immediately. He had been holding his breath for too long and if he didn't catch fresh air soon, he would surely pass out.