"That's okay, Dal. Mistakes can always be fixed up. Take a look at what we drive, ey." He's trying so hard, this doesn't usually happen to her. She keeps this stuff toned down, and away.

She breathes and it feels so nice.

"Come on, now. Back in the car, people're startin' to watch us." She Let's Griffin lead her back inside the car, she goes and lays down on the back seats.

"I need to go back, Griff." Dallas says.

"Not today you don't. You should, uh, sleep or somethin' you looked a bit shaky." He says.

She rolls over in the seats, so her front is facing the backs of the chair. Her arms fold and keep her warmth contained.

"I'm so stupid." She says.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

He pauses a moment, "Who did you end up meetin' anyway you know. You were in there for a good bit of two hours."

Right. He had no idea who was inside.

"Just some woman." She answered.

"Okay yeah, but did you know who she was?" He pressed.

Dallas breathes loudly, "Mhm."

"Okay...and? Who was she?"

She breathes louder this time, annoyed at all of this boys questions, he loves to ask so so many of these wonderful questions he'd be a terrific interrogator now wouldn't he.

"Virginia Potts."

There was silence.

"The...the um. She? Like the one from the—" he sounded out of breath, but she knew for a fact he has not been doing any running in the past few minutes due to driving.

"Yep. That one." Dallas rolled back around, through the rear view mirror she can see Griffin struggling to find words, his eyebrows were frowning in an He was blinking way faster than a normal human would be.

He managed to say, "Did you know?"

Dallas was outed now. He'd know why she came to New York, and he'd leave just as she had done at the cafe.

"I did." Those two words were terribly hard for her to say and admit to her best friend, she's been lying to him about why they're here all week. A secret motive.

"But, you said we was just passin' through here. Now, now was that–did ya lie to me Dal?" The car stops abruptly. They're right up next to sidewalk, hardly anyone passes by as the sun goes to hide behind the earth.

"I didn't exactly lie to you Griff."

Dallas can tell she's losing her friend in this conversation, and that it is escalating at a faster pace than she had been anticipating.

"But you didn't tell me the truth, neither." He scoffs.

"I never wanted to keep secrets, I didn't even know if I wanted to meet him—them—h-he wasn't even there." She cant help the disappointment that clenches around her body.

"You know Dallas, for the first time since I've met you..." Griffin ponders for a moment, his blue eyes are currents that have broke and are streaming a steady pace down his cheeks.

He turns around and looks at her, his face is clear of how he feels. His feelings aren't only hurt, but they're broken. The kid who loves to chew his food with an open mouth, and gets excited over cheap gummy worms is now crying and hurt. All because of her.