Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I wake up feeling lighter and happier than I have in a very long time. I didn't think I could feel happier at this moment until I look at my phone and see a 'good morning' text from Alexander, who as of yesterday was in my phone as 'Ally,' so as to not cause suspicion if Luna saw my phone. I think he put me in his phone as Charles. They aren't very creative, but hopefully it would help keep this a secret. Not that I've grown very fond of the idea. I mean I don't mind keeping us a secret from everyone, since they clearly don't understand and it would cause problems for Alex. I just don't like keeping it from Luna.

Luna has already left for her morning class, so I walked alone to a Starbucks that was on the way to my class. I'm kind of dreading seeing Kain, but I knew I had to apologize, especially now that I feel even more like a hypocrite seeing as now I am secretly with Alex.

He seemed to be waiting for me as I approach the classroom, coffee in hand. He was standing outside the door, nervously drumming his fingers against his leg. "Kain." I greet simply by name.

His head shoots up to me and he looks like he hasn't slept, dark bags under his eyes, his hair that's usually styled is awry. "Charlotte thank god," he rushes to me and tackles me into a hug. It startles me and my coffee starts spilling over onto Kain.

"Oh! Kain!" I step away quick and try using my one napkin to whip his arm. He mutters out a curse as he looks at his reddened arm. "I'm so sorry! Are you hurt? Does it burn?"

"It's okay, I'm fine. Just a little burn you didn't spill too much." He responds as he rubs his arm. I don't believe his nonchalant act, seeing as his skin beneath the tattoos looks irritated.

"Come with me," I grab his uninjured arm and pull him to the restrooms, checking to see if anyone was inside before pulling him into the girl's room. I grab some paper towels and wet them with cold water before placing them on his arm. "God I'm so sorry Kain," he tries to interrupt me, but I cut him off. "Not just about the coffee, but for yesterday too. I shouldn't have blown up on you like that." I'm a hypocrite.

He grips my chin and tilts my face up to his. "You don't have to apologize Charlotte. It was my fault; I shouldn't have accused you of that. It was an ass move," he smirks slightly as he calls himself an ass.

My lips twitch at his words, but I fight it back. "No I was really out of line Kain. I had realized that Mr. Johnson and I never even denied it, probably because we were so stunned by the accusation, but I guess that looked bad to you." I'm a liar.

"Charlie if you don't stop apologizing I'm going to have to kiss your mouth shut." He says calmly, but my eyes widen in shock. His smirk forms again, "Calm down will you? I know you daydream about my lips on yours."

My cheeks are flushed. I haven't had a guy talk to me like this in a very long time, considering I was never with anyone as Joanna and I always had Alex as Alexis and still as Charlotte. Alexander only ever spoke like this in a joking manner, but despite Kain's smirk he looked serious and it sent a chill down my spine. "Um—N—No." I stutter.

Kain's smirk grows, "I already know you find me attractive Charlie, there's no denying that fact." He was right, but I have Alexander.

"You are attractive. But I'd like to just be friends Kain," I say.

"Ouch. That's a blow to my ego darling," he jokes. "Alright then I'll be your friend," he reluctantly agrees.

"Are you okay by the way? You look like you haven't slept," I change the subject as we walk out of the bathroom. Luckily the halls were still empty aside from a few girls around the corner with their backs to us.

Next Life (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara