"Oh my god, he looks-"

"Like shit?" I finished her sentence, "Yeah, I know."

We both huddled against the lockers as if we were invisible to the crowd. "Do you think it's because of the kiss?"

I shoved her arm, "Can we not bring that up in such a public place?"

"It's not like they don't know." She defended herself.

"I don't care if they know, I'm trying to let it die down."

She snorted, "Yeah, you kissed the most powerful twenty-four-year-old in America, and probably the world, good luck with that."

I didn't have time to come up with a comeback as Ezra stopped right in front of me, practically towering over my short frame.

"Olivia, we need to talk." He said, refusing to break eye-contact with me. Why was it that he and I seemed to always 'need to talk'?

I swallowed, "Uhh," I turned to Vanessa mentally begging her to help me, but she only awkwardly shrugged in response. So much for backing me up. I nodded, "Yeah, okay, I guess."

I didn't expect him to grab my arm, and pull me through the crowd of people. I dropped my bookbag on the floor, but he wouldn't even let me stop and pick it up as he pushed me into an empty classroom, and slammed the door shut behind him.

When he finally let go, I rubbed my arm, knowing there will probably be a bruise there later. "Geez," I winced, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong?" He pointed at me, "You, Olivia Brooks, is what is fucking wrong."

I rose my eyebrows, "Me? I didn't do anything!"

"Yeah? You mean to tell me that what you did at the party was nothing?"

I gaped at him, he couldn't be serious right now. "You told me to kiss you. What else was I supposed to do?"

He shook his head and ran his hands through his hair. Something was off about him. It was almost like he was anxious. Was I making him this way?

He didn't say anything, so I only studied him, as he stood in front of he window, the sunlight shone on him, making the circles under his eyes more vibrant. His hair was a mess. I wondered what his parents would do if they knew he was out in public looking like this. From what I could guess, they wouldn't be too pleased.

"You weren't supposed to go through with it. I never thought you would do it." He paused, and I waited for him to continue.

He suddenly turns to me with so much intensity that I don't register what he says next, "Kiss me."

I blinked at him, his words seemed to bounce right off my comprehension. Surely, he didn't just say that, right? "Uhh, what?"

His movements were erratic, as he took a step closer, "Kiss me again."

I took a step back, "Umm, no?"

I noticed his shoulders slumped and his fists clench, "Why not?" His voice came out as an almost whisper. He truly sounded distraught.

I stood taller, "Because I told you before, I don't like you. I will never date you, and I don't want to kiss-"

"That right there." He said, cutting me off, "Why didn't you say that at the party?"

"Because, I-I don't know." I was stammering now, "What is going on with you?"

"Do you have any idea how many women want to be with me? Do you even know how much popularity you could get? You could get anything you've ever wanted, and you refuse? But you didn't refuse before, so why now?"

"I don't want popularity, nor do I want charity from you. I won't date you because like I said, I don't like you. You're a revolting human being, Ezra. I thought we've been through this."

The look on his face almost made me feel bad. Almost.

"You're lying." He said, "You're lying, you want something. What do you want?"

"I want you to leave me alone."

"Is it money? Is that it?" He took a deep breath, "Do I just need to pay you then?"

I groaned, not sure if it was him irritating me more, or his assumption that I'd ever be that low. "You know why I don't ever want to date you? You want to know the real reason? It's because you are so goddamn disgusting, there's nothing about you any rational person could love. You're a selfish, cruel human being with no regards for other people. You and your family make me sick."

He took a step back like I had shot him, and I don't blame him. When I realized what I had said, I cringed at my own words.

"I am not unlovable."

"I didn't mean that."

"You're wrong." He scoffed, suddenly not making eye contact with me, "You're just like my father. Of course, you're just like him."

Before I could ask him what he meant, he turned back to me, a new look on his face. Determination. Promise. "You will agree to be with me. I had only been playing games with you before, but no more. I will do everything within my power to hear you say yes, and Olivia, you will say yes."