He climbed up the wall. He leaned forward and kissed me. "You're welcome."

     I kissed him. "You better shower. I love you."

    "I love you. Go in the car and stay in there."

    I smiled. "So protective." I kissed him one last time and walked up to Oscar. "C'mon, bud."

    I plugged in the car charger and connected it to my phone. Oscar turned on the radio to listen to the news. That's why we'd run out of gas. He wants to know everything he can about the Mutant War. That's what the normals are calling it now.

     My phone turned on, then it got bombarded with messages.

From: Claire

(1) Andi! Where are you?

(2) Why aren't you answering?

(3) Hello?

(4) Are you okay? I'm really worried.

(5) The school isn't safe, I don't think. Stay AWAY from the school, Andi.

(6) Please answer me....I need you. I don't know what to do, Andi. The Professor isn't here. He said he was going to look for you. I know you must be hiding from him. Do be careful and be on the lookout.

(7) I miss you so much. The school is a madhouse. The X-Men are trying to contain the students, but they've gone insane. They think they have to protect themselves, that the world is gonna end. I hope you're okay.

(8) I get it if you're ignoring me. So I'll leave you be. Goodbye, Andi.

From: Scott

(1) Did Logan take my car? If he did, I'll kick his ass.

(2) Andi?

(3) If I offended you from sounding rude about Logan, I'm sorry.

(4) I hope all is well.

From: Rogue

Where are you at? The whole school is worried about you, Logan and Oscar. Text back as soon as you can.

From: Jean

(1) We know where you are.

(2) Wake up, Psych. Wake up and join the right side.

(3) I'll be waiting for you.

    Sixteen messages. I would've thought there'd be more, but just 16. There was nine missed calls, from Scott and Claire.

     The ones from Jean scared me. I put my phone down in the cup holder.

    Logan came in, hair soaking. He buckled up. "Everything okay?"

(X)

I read him all the messages and let him listen to the voicemails on the way back...back to the forest. I almost said home, but the woods is no home for me.