Chapter IX

Nine

LOGAN LET ME change because wearing my suit would look awkward. He said he was going to change, too, so I didn't have to be a in hurry. He told me to wear a dress also, but the trouble is: What dress am I going to wear?

     I had a few dresses, but I hardly wore them. Two I could no longer fit in. One I only wear once because it was my prom dress. Another one Claire got me; she thought I'd look cute in it. I only wore it for five minutes, and that was to make sure that it fit.

     I decided to go with the dress from Claire. It was a pink, strapless dress from Hollister with a brown belt that went right under my boobs. I wore my brown flats with it. My hair stayed the same; I saw no point in changing it.

     There was a knock at the door when I finished getting ready. I opened it, and Logan stood there wearing a nice dress shirt and pants. He had sunflowers with him as well.

     "Wow!" I gasped. "Where'd you get these!?"

     He smiled, handing them to me. "I have my ways."

     "Let me go put them in a vase."

     I didn't have a vase, so I just used a water bottle and filled it with water. Then I placed the flowers inside and put it on my bathroom sink.

     I came back out, grinning. "You look lovely tonight. Where are we going?"

     "Shush," he whispered, taking my hand.

     Oscar came running in. "Hi, Andi! Hi, Mr. Logan! Oooh! You look pretty, Andi!"

     I smiled. "I'm going out for a bit. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, okay?"

     He nodded. "You don't be naughty now," he winked.

    I glared at him as Logan yanked me out of the room.

     "Please tell me where we're going!" I begged as we headed to the garage.

    "Nope," Logan grinned. "It's a surprise. C'mon, we're gonna be late."

     He grabbed keys off the key rack, and I automatically knew we were taking Scott's car. I never quite understood why Logan always took Scott's stuff, but I didn't ask nor read their minds to understand. Scott will forgive us; he always does. Kind of. He does to me, at least.

     I slid into the car and pulled my seat belt down as Logan started the car. "Will you tell me now?" I batted my eyelashes at him.

     He rolled his eyes. "No. I'm sure you could just read my mind and find out."

     I actually didn't think about. I was too focused on Logan that I forgot of my powers. Way to go, Andi....

     I shook my head. "No. That ruins the fun," I winked.

     He laughed and pulled out of the garage. "I'm still not going to tell you, kid."

     I crossed my arms and looked out the window. "You know, if we're a thing, you shouldn't call me kid. People would think you're some pedophile."

    He shrugged. "People are already going to think that just from the way I look and how young you look."

     "How young do you think I am?"

     "Not 22," he answered.

     I chewed on the inside of my mouth and didn't say anything.

     Logan stopped at a stop light, and we sat in an awkward silence. There were no other cars around, which seemed slightly unusual to me. I heard Logan sniff. Then I knew something was wrong.