Chapter 12

THANK YOU yall

THANK YOU yall

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The air was cool, and the winds breeze through his room smoothly. Niall could not sleep that night. The thing that happened today that afternoon earlier kept on flashing through his mind repeatedly. It was Harry behind the steering wheel on the boat. Niall recalled seeing his face and his body, he looked so afraid and fragile, he was practically shaking on the spot. Niall had never seen Harry like that in all his years working for him. And Niall had seen him through everything.

His boss was a man of undisputed calmness. Harry was a well experience professional. His strings of successes had made him a legend in law. At a young age, Harry had represented leaders of nations in International court, had his court hearings televised live, his every single action and word scrutinized to the minute's detail and sprawled on countless international papers. Hell, certain universities use Harry's cases as examples. Niall remembers seeing Harry at The Hague. Their team had prepared for almost a year and a half. The last week before the trail, they had spent almost every waking hour researching and detailing about the case. Niall slept on Harry's office, sometimes on the spare bedroom of his boss' penthouse. His weekends would go by, because Harry would request Niall be there for a new art exhibition. Niall had spent countless hours with Harry and he knows that there could possibly be nothing that would shake the man to his core. 

The hour is turning late very soon. The butterflies were not going away. He looked at his wedding suit laid on the table. Niall was reminded that he was getting married tomorrow. 

Strange how things work. 

One day you are carrying on with your job, and then suddenly you and your boss are engaged. And then you both are living together in the same castle. And now you're getting married. This was as if a hurricane had blasted through his life and tossed everything that was normal in his life. 

And to top it all of, he was getting married to Harry. 

Niall recalled the moment he first laid eyes on his boss, he was striding confidently across the room of the meeting room. Harry was suave, extremely good looking, and showed off those adorable dimples. Niall felt himself getting a hot flash. He was a new fish in the working industry. He was at the waiting room for a job interview. Niall sent letters  everywhere and got a call from GLA Piper Law & Associates. The interviewer noted Niall's sudden refocus at Harry's presence, coughed and stopped the interview quickly. Niall was sure that he would not get hired then. But he got a call a week later while singing at a bar that they hired him as an assistant to The Harry Styles. He was over the moon. 

Niall called his family the moment the conversation ended. He was finally going to be a lawyer. A real working lawyer. And he was working for The Harry Styles. The shrewdest young lawyer alive.

Of course that all changed when he worked with Harry. The image he presented was a complete flip of who he is. The man was egoistical, rude, arrogant, boisterous and has a mean bark. Niall had watched him fire his original first assistant. Only to hire another one the next three days. But after the second firing of his first assistant, Harry thought why go through the trouble of finding and hiring new assistants, Niall was more than capable for the job. So Niall had to take control of assistant one and assistant two. His job description tripled in a week.