"it's just," he made eye contact with yoongi briefly, "i'm not a big fan of the arcade." jimin had zeroed in his attention right when someone had mentioned they head down to the arcade to play laser tag again.

"right," yoongi quickly came to his defence, "we wanted to enjoy being outside anyway, and the arcade kind of defeats the purpose of that." jimin hadn't noticed the vigor in which his hands shook at his side until yoongi gently took them in his casually, not to draw too much attention to the action so the other's would pay mind.

"oh!" hoseok chirped after a moment of quiet contemplation. "the annual fair in the town over is still open! i believe this is their last week until next year, we should go." he spoke enthusiastically, the suggestion instantly brightening the rest of the group as well.

"i wasn't able to go last year because of that trip i took with my father, remember," jin rolled his eyes. "and even if that sounds like fun, jk's still in crutches." he motioned over to the youngest.

as their eyes shifted over to jungkook, the boy whined, "i'm fine, really," he insisted, wiggling his ankle, "i don't need my crutches to sit in a ride either."

jimin eyed the boy's leg, knowing both his mother and kihyun wouldn't be too fond of the idea. but he was doing okay, like he said. "i'll look after him," taehyung offered, "and if you feel any discomfort, you have to promise to tell one of us."

together they linked their fingers and sealed their deal.

yoongi held onto jimin's hand as he lead them towards the entrance of the fair, offering to pay for the both of them since jimin left his wallet behind.

the entry bands were an unsightly green color, reminding yoongi bitterly of the swimming trunks jimin wore on their date. "what rides do they have here?" he bounded happily behind behind his boyfriend, gazing up excitedly at the large rides that extended towards the sky.

"you'll see when we get in," yoongi laughed, looking back at his boyfriend with an amused smile, "can't you wait three minutes."

jimin opted out of replying, as they reached the booth to exchange their money for wristbands. jimin looked back, checking for jungkook and taehyung, wondering if the boy's crutches would sink into the dirt.

__

"come on, baby," jimin whined, tugging yoongi's arm towards the gravity ride. the older glared upwards the metal contraption with apprehension. "it's just a roller coaster." jimin further attempts of convincing yoongi, however, didn't work.

"have you never watched final destination?" the blond muttered under his breath, huffing when seeing jimin hadn't heard him at all. the line they were stood in seemed to be moving along quickly, and with each step they took, yoongi's heart raced even faster as well.

"just leave him be, jimin," namjoon slung an arm over jimin's shoulder, snatching his attention away. yoongi gave a dramatically grateful expression to his friend and slipped his wrist free of jimin's death clutch.

"you, taehyung and i will go up while yoons and hobi stay here." namjoon had a secure hold on the back of taehyung's neck. the boy's face was blanched, clearly not wanting to ride the roller coaster either. "isn't tae afraid of heights?" yoongi questioned as his eyes flicked about the line for jungkook and seokjin.

the two other boys were speaking with the employee controlling the ride, most likely discussing whether it'd be fine for jungkook to ride with his leg condition. telling by their happy faces, it seemed hoseok and yoongi would be the ones looking after his crutches while they were having fun.