namjoon only lived a few steps down from jimin, so it took no time to arrive to the boy's house, finding him out by his truck and making sure the vehicle was alright. ever since the incident with jungkook at the cattle ranch, jimin hadn't actually seen namjoon comfortably use the vehicle. he'd gotten it inspected as the police advised when coming onto the scene, yet even after he double and triple checked his tires, gears, brakes, and everything in between.

"hey." jimin said in greeting, sending what he hopes was a warm smile to namjoon, who was crouched by the front wheel. "oh, thighs, what's up?" namjoon stood to his full height much to jimin's contempt, "you're early." his smile, as always was friendly, initiating comfortable conversation.

under the bright light of the afternoon sun, jimin could clearly see how the once vibrant pink hair the older sported had softened to a paler color, shimmering in what was like metallic dusty roses. if anything, it looked even better than when jimin had first met the boy.

"i know, i couldn't take being in the house anymore." jimin admitted easily, looking off to the side to watch a pair a birds chase each other.

namjoon's look of what could either be classified as sympathy or pity didn't go unnoticed, but he chose not to comment on it. the reasons jimin hated being in his home transcended more than just the break in, but namjoon didn't need to know that.

the two spent about five minutes talking to each other, as it went, namjoon could talk for hours about almost anything. at the moment, he was telling jimin about a new game he and seokjin preordered, hoping to round the group up when it finally arrived so they could play it all together.

in the moment, to keep namjoon smiling and happy, jimin kept his face serene. he didn't express how he would probably never want to be in a setting like that after how snide seokjin was with him the last time, knowing he could only handle the older in small doses.

a chiming sound came from beside them before they knew it, hoseok on the same bicycle when jimin first met him, and the rest of the boys trailing behind him. seokjin walked beside jungkook who was still needing the aid of crutches, and taehyung was on a dingy skateboard, clutching onto yoongi's arm as the blond guided him over to namjoon's driveway.

"so that's where my board went!" namjoon huffed, dropping his previous conversation to meet up halfway with taehyung.

yoongi had escaped taehyung then, letting namjoon take his place and coming to stand beside jimin with a loving grin. "hi." jimin shyly laughed, feeling his stomach stir under the sweet way yoongi looked at him. "hi yourself." yoongi hummed, saying nothing more as they now held an audience. "i take it the date went well?" hoseok guessed inquiringly, eyes flitting between the two boys who couldn't do anything but grin.

"it went swimmingly." yoongi answered, to which jimin snorted at. it appeared to have confused the others but they didn't comment further on it.

they lazed around for awhile outside, initially having on planned on just relaxing at namjoon's, but felt the day was too nice to sit inside. jimin listened quietly as they bounced around ideas on what to do, not butting in or adding. he took this time to discreetly place his locket inside his shirt, feeling only slightly guilty as he did so. no one pointed it out or drew attention to it, aside from taehyung eyeing it silently, but as it disappeared beyond the fabric of his neckline, he felt more at peace.

it wasn't like he hadn't intentionally zoned out of the conversation, but when he focused on to what they were deciding on, jimin couldn't help the way his body instinctively jerked back as if he'd been struck, quickly voicing a loud no. the group had been stunted into silence at his outburst, garnering jimin to realize his actions and cough out an uneasy laugh.