Survivor: Living with ME

Hello, everyone.

This batch of poems was written between 2013-2015. Within them, it chronicles my life with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or ME. I am already a published author of poetry with a book published in 2008 called Out of the Abyss which can be found on Amazon.com through kindle and paperback. This time, however, I wanted to do something different. Millions of people around the world suffer from ME as it's known in Europe and there isn't a cure for it. Doctors, for the most part, think that it is all in our heads; well it's not. ME is a neuro-immune disease that affects every aspect of your life. I am 31 years old and I am for the most part bedridden. I can't go past my own backyard, my life has come to a stand still and I can't move forward. In 2013, I graduated with my MBA and was supposed to start my Ph.D. but that was not to be. In this batch of poems, I hope to show others that they aren't alone in this. I hope that people will come together to raise awareness for this miserable illness.

So please take a stroll with me now, through my journey through ME.

The picture that represents this poetry set is of the Survivor Tree at the 9/11 memorial that I took in 2011. I would really appreciate any feedback you can give me!

Thank you.