Chapter 25- Getting Better

She's not going back and I will get her someone better. It was the only thing I could do to her. If only I could help the others that were in the same place as her, someone out there using them.   Tears flowed down my face as I thought of everything that's gone wrong in the past year. A small part wanted to go back to little Annistasia Green, an unknown freshman in college. 

*******************

I groaned reaching out to the bed, groping the sheets for Quenton. His side was cold with the blankets thrown back, a sleepy grumble came out of my mouth as I ripped back my blankets. The cold air nipped at my skin making me shiver and wish Quenton never left the bed. 

Walking out of the room, I heard the sizzling of food from the kitchen. The aroma of pancakes and bacon making my stomach rumble in hunger. 

"Morning," Quenton greeted as I entered the kitchen. He took a quick break from the frying pan to gently kiss my forehead. Anabeth was hunched over the island with an untouched steaming mug of coffee, her eyes looked up at me as she gave me a false smile. 

"Morning, Anabeth," I said with a smile, her shoulders moved in more making talking to her almost impossible.

I watched Quenton, his body covered in navy silk pants and a thin white shirt. Muscles contracted and moved beneath the thin fabric, something inside me wanted to go and feel those muscles for myself but I refrained from doing so.

Soon Quenton placed plates in front of Anabeth and I and brought bowls down of food. I gawked at the amount of food he prepared for three people. It was more than a full English breakfast. 

"Let's eat," he said and sat down beside me and kissed my forehead. I smiled up at him and served myself food. 

***

"Anabeth," I tried, leaning against her door. I could hear her sobbing and it broke my heart, I wanted to help but she made it impossible. 

"Please," I begged. "Let me in."

Her sobs became hysterical, I just wanted her to open the door. About an hour ago she got a call from Charles and she answered despite my pleading for her not to. Something he said made her angry and she stormed off into her room and began crying. 

"I found the key," Quenton said holding a small silver object. Smiling sadly I shook my head, barging in on her would only make everything worse. 

"No," I said. Quenton came behind me and held my waist. 

"She'll be fine," Quenton whispered into my hair. "Anabeth is strong for getting out. Just give her time."

"I know, but I...I don't know. I feel lost, I've never dealt with anything like this," I groaned pressing my forehead against the cold wood of Anabeth's door. Quenton's hand came up to massage my back, loosing some of the tension I had. Quenton sweetly kissed my forehead once again reassuring my everything would be fine in the end. 

We left her in her room, despite the pain it gave me, and went into the living room. The television was on but nothing that played registered in my mind. All I could think about was Anabeth. 

"Let's call Zak," Quenton proposed after watching me. I gave a lost nod watching him gather my laptop and login. Leaning my head on Quenton's shoulder I watched him do everything. The window with Zak's face popped up with Kyle leaning over his shoulder. 

"Annie!" Kyle shouted happily trying to settle next to Zak. Without wanting to admit it Zak and Kyle did make me feel a little better, just seeing them helped. 

"What's wrong, Ann?" Zak asked frowning on my screen. 

"Is it Quenton? I'll knock-"

"Quenton is sitting right there. I think every things good, dumbass," Zak said cutting him off. A small smile played on my lips as I watched them argue with one another. 

"Now, what's wrong, Ann?" Zak asked holding Kyle under his arm in a headlock. I couldn't help the giggle that escaped me. I opened my mouth to answer when I heard a sniffle. Turning around Anabeth stood there in one of my pajama sets holding a tissue to her nose. 

"I'm sorry," she said her voice stuffed up from crying. 

"No, it's okay," I told her jumping from the couch. I faintly heard Zak ask who she was and Quen's voice answering to him. 

"How do you feel?" I asked going up to Anabeth. Her normally glossy brown hair was bed ratted in different directions. Anabeth let out a shaky laugh. 

"Better," she whispered. "Just Better."

"Well that's something to celebrate," I told her with an easy smile. Anabeth avoided my eyes. 

"Thanks for letting me intrude," Anabeth said. "I think I'll go home now."

"This is your home now," I told her with a strict voice. "I'm just as much at fault as Charles if I let you go back."

"Thank you, honestly, but he is my fiancee. People will wonder if I'm gone for too long," Anabeth told me gently her voice making me angry. She wouldn't go back to that man if I could help it. 

"I have a guest room, you'll live here," I told her holding my head high. "Quenton will go get your stuff."

Grabbing her shoulders before she could answer to me I lead her to the couch, "There are some important people you should meet if you're going to live here."

Zak's mouth dropped when Anabeth came into frame, he immediately let go of Kyle and began fixing his hair.

"H-Hi," he stuttered. "I'm Zak."

Anabeth gave him a small smile, "Anabeth."

Her voice was barely a whisper but judging by Zak's smile he had heard her. He leaned forward resting his elbows on his computer desk. 

"I'm Kyle, if you're wondering," Kyle said falling into the chair next to Zak's and shoving his elbows. Zak fell with a commotion, knocking pens and papers from his desk as he fell sideways. 

For the first time since she came here Anabeth let out a real giggle. A flustered Zak came back on screen, pink dusting his cheeks. 

"Thanks, dude," Zak drew sarcastically jamming his elbow into Kyle's side. 

"So, Anabeth," Zak started. His eyes looked at her in awe. I leaned against Quenton hoping secretly for Zak to be a man and get her out of the horrible relationship she's in and teach her what a real relationship is.

Kyle whistled lowly, commenting on the sexual tension building in the room.

"We'll I'm outtie, bye Annie. Love you," he said blowing me a small kiss. "Quenton, dude, you're bearable."

"Bye Kyle, I love you, too," I said also blowing him a kiss. Jokingly he pretended to catch it and put it to his heart before leaving the room. All the while the couple didn't seem to notice anything happening.  

A small smile came to my lips as I watched the two. No words were spoken but slowly each of their smiles grew wider. 

"We should go," I whispered lowly to Quen. He nodded and helped me get up leaving Anabeth with the computer. We went into our room, crawling on the bed. 

I rested my head on Quenton's chest. He held our fingers out playing with them quietly. 

"They want me back," Quenton muttered. "But I'm not ready to leave you again."

"You have to work," I softly told Quenton despite not wanting him to leave me. 

We didn't say much after that. Just stayed in each other presence the sounds of the city bustling below us. 

********************************************

Well...sorry if that's awkward to read...I knew what I wanted to do but my fingers didn't want to type it. So, Sorry about that.

Anyways...Vote (If you're cool enough)...Comment (If you're feeling awesome)...Fan (If you're brave enough)

Until Next Time

~Milkewayer