Chapter 21- Adjusting to Life

"Then what is fun?" he asked. I smirked and leaned up to kiss Quenton.   "Lunch with you?"  "I can do that," Quenton said leaning up to grab a few things before going. 

*********

It was weird, all that fighting and here I was. Sitting in Quenton's car looking up at the looming building, the apartment complex Quenton forced me to stay in, it was one of the rules; if he paid for school I stayed where he wanted me to. I didn't want to go in though. It was odd, I didn't want to leave Quenton. The delicate relationship we were slowly building could crumble and fall. For some odd reason I didn't want the relationship to fail, I wanted a fulfilling relationship. One I couldn't get being miles away from him. 

"Wear your ring," Quenton instructed I nodded, he smiled at me leaning down to kiss the ring nestled on my ring finger. 

"Call every night," he repeated his earlier request as if I would forget. His voice was to good to forget about. 

"Do you want to go now?" Quenton said. I bit my lip, I should but I don't want to.

"Yeah," I mumbled untangling my hand from Quenton's. I stepped out of the vehicle, blissfully unaware about the stares sent my way. 

Two girls passing me brought the stares and whispers to my attention, "I heard she's only married him for money," she scoffed to her friend while rolling her eyes. "What a slut, did you know she did it with Tom before leaving?"

Tom? My eyebrow's furrowed, wasn't he the creep trying to feel me up at Barb's house. I couldn't bare the thought of touching him in anyway. 

"Let's go," Quenton said holding his hand out to me. I grabbed it intertwining our fingers as Quenton rolled one suitcase behind him. James followed carrying the other three Quenton packed telling me how it was important I had enough clothes to be comfortable. The three of us walked across the lobby, earning many stares from the people. Most were college age, but they were the rich college students. The type to spend time partying and wasting Daddy's money, not really gaining an education. 

We crammed into an elevator, two other girls shoved their way inside flirting with Quenton on the way up. They got off two floors before we did, giving Quenton winks and pieces of paper. He took them with a scowl before letting them flutter to the ground. I couldn't help the feeling of pride, Quenton was committed to this and it made me happy. 

After the quiet remaining elevator ride, we walked up to the door. 

"This is mine?" I gulped looking at the large door with gold numbers. "Mine?"

"All yours, baby," Quenton said with a smile, he leaned down and kissed my cheek before opening up the door. 

"I've never had so much space," I whispered getting a small tinge of intimidation. Quenton probably thought this was small while I thought it was the largest space I could possibly own. 

"Only the best for my wife," Quenton said leading me farther inside. James took the suitcase Quenton had been wheeling and went off into the small hallway. 

We walked into living room, two brown leather couches sat in an L shape with a TV mounted on the wall in front of them. The beige color scheme gave a warm tone to the apartment. 

Quenton pulled me onto the couch, placing me beside him with his hand on my waist. 

"Do you like it?" he asked. I nodded leaning my head on his shoulder. 

I don't know how much time passed with my head on Quenton's shoulder just listening to his heart beat when James interrupted up. 

"Sir," he addressed Quenton. "We will be leaving soon."