[closed] Saturday | 11th May 2019

[a / n] SORRY! My mum's taken my ipad and i don't think she'll return it this week -- which is why i cannot make the corresponding banner for this chapter, nor can i make the Number/Stamp images for the latest Creation forms. However, y'all will still have numbers, which you guys can look for on the Info | For Scientists and Carers chapter.

Your Carer/Teacher can just be a Carer or just a Teacher, if you want. Though ones who are only Teachers won't live in the school, because it's like a smaller, homely version of a boarding school.

Also -- NO RANDOM NORMAL KIDS!!! This place is only for the Creations and the Carer/Teachers! And NO "NEWBIE" CREATIONS -- they've been living here ever since Extraction.

YES new Carer/Teachers are perfectly fine lol

- [ 08:02 ] -

- attempts to set the scene and describe wtf is happening in this crazy brain -

srsly why dafuq do i suddenly type so much omg

Fresh leaves on thick branches began to stir in the calm, north-westerly breeze; dew glinted in the angled sun, as the morning progressed. Eager golden beams protruded through small patches in the dull, stratiform layer, its light flowing in crepuscular rays onto the buttercups hidden within the grass. The surrounding trees had grown rotund with rosy blossoms, some of which lay scattered around the building, whose first-storey windows gleamed golden with xanthous light. No sounds of traffic could be heard from the untouched road a few hundred yards away. Though the Laboratory had similar surroundings, the accompanying atmosphere roused a sense of isolation and emptiness; the School, however, felt soothing and... secure.

Merry songs whistled in from nesting birds, rousing a few keen-eared ones, perhaps. The children slept in dorms separated by gender, six to seven in a room. The Carers slept in individual rooms on the same floor (second) as the Creations. Though most were already up at this time, and were either eating breakfast or getting ready in their en-suite bathrooms. The Creations had four toilet cubicles connected with each of their dorms, as well as five sinks and a cupboard. Unlike the cold white Laboratory, their dormitories were personalised with as many (or as little) colours, pictures, and posters as the children liked. Each Dorm contained four single beds and three sets of bunk-beds, as well as four drawer-chests, shelves and five wardrobes. Each Carer's Room had a (slighter wider than) single bed, a wardrobe and shelves and a chest of drawers.

The children would wake up at 08:00 every weekday morning, and at 09:00 every weekend morning. Individuals with a form of daily medication (like an asthma pump or supplements) would go downstairs (after getting ready) to take them. Nocturnal ones would have a completely different schedule; it isn't their fault if they're been deliberately made to be like that. On weekends the boldest ones would go out to play in the surrounding woods -- they'd always return, regardless of whatever was in their minds, since this was the life they'd always known. Calmer individuals could stay in and read in one of the libraries -- or sit in their lounge and chat.

(I've decided that) TVs were allowed, but sites and channels related to [nASTY stUFF] religion or politics were blocked on the Internet. It wasn't for any bias, but the Carers chose to implement this since the Creations had enough to deal with from the Makers. Games and App Stores were still allowed though, as well as educational websites. This also meant that though the children knew they were Made and Extracted, they may not know that the outside world have a vague idea of what they are. The Carers/Teachers had been advised not to mention those things to them, though innocuous stories of normal life were fine.

One than that, way of education here wasn't far from the method used with most ordinary children. Batch One still had to take the same tests as they would in any school -- the only thing that seemed to differ with these children was that they were genetically altered, and that their boarding school had been made exclusively for them. And, of course, the fact that a Scientist could show up any day, to take a child for individual testing. That'd usually happen after a mutual agreement between all Makers (unless one or two have relatively insignificant views in the eyes of the others).

- - - -

The Scientists weren't supposed to work on Saturdays -- unless something crucial had happened. The Room Door hadn't been fixed yet, either. Though the Room itself had been cleaned and cleared out.

CHECK THE INFO | DORMS CHAPTER TO WORK OUT YOUR DORMS

  • locations
- will be updated -

Batch One: In the Dorms, though most are heading to the Kitchen.

Carers/Teachers: In the Rooms, their private Lounge or the Kitchen. Or outside -- eh.

Scientists: n // a (dead idk)