Dear Kylo

This is my first letter to you since I became Mrs. Kylo Ren. I have to admit, it's pretty hard getting used to the change in name! Not only mine, of course, but your own as well. But never, not in a million years, would I change anything about you. You have given me all that I have ever wanted; the chance to share your last name. I love you, dear husband, and I'm afraid that these few weeks apart will be some of the most difficult yet!

More difficult than the weeks I waited for your response to my declaration of love, more difficult than waiting for what would come from the short, ominous letter you sent me. I know that I scolded you more than enough for scaring the wits out of me, but allow me to do it once again. After all, it is a wife's duty to keep her husband in check, right?

Oh, how I love saying that word. Wife. It's as if I am floating and nothing shall bring me down from this marital bliss. I wonder if this is how everyone feels? I should think not, because I have the very best husband of all.

And I know we are young. So young. And you are so very busy with training; as am I. But if I ever felt something was right, then it was this choice. I missed you so acutely these last few years.

I am amazed that you found a way for us to be together. I might blame it on the Force, but I think I would rather call it fate and perseverance. I know that sounds odd to say, but both of us continued to write letters time after time, even when there was no hope for us to ever meet again. Who would have thought that it would only be a few measly years before I would be able to fulfill my role as Future Mrs. Ren?

But don't allow me to babble, dearest husband. I know I simply couldn't stop myself when I saw you. You must have let me talk for hours before your lips finally stopped me.

Which reminds me; are you sure that you did not receive any "lessons" from someone else on kissing? Because you were surely a much better kisser than I, despite your insistence that only I have remained on your mind. Or beyond that; "lessons" further than kissing perhaps? Because you certainly seemed like you knew what to do on our wedding night, whereas I was a blushing mess.

Besides that... I'd like you to tell me how things are going. I really am curious about what you do when you are away. Of course, I miss you already, but now I am comforted by the fact that you will always come back to me.

That is... you will always come back, right? You wouldn't be so selfish as to make me a widow, right? I joke with you, partially, but know that I am always on your side.

Love,

Mrs. Ren