Dear Future Mrs. Solo

My mother always said that she could feel the force within me. She tells me about the light that she felt within her while she carried me. It always made me feel special. Like I was one of the chosen ones. Kind of like how I feel with you, you know? But at the same time, I know that she's hiding things from me. Sometimes when I listen to her talk to my father, she talks about this darkness that she felt as well.

I feel as if sometimes I, too, can feel this darkness. It's almost frightening, yet at the same time, it's easy to ignore. Do you ever feel anything like this?

Anyway, my parents have been talking about sending me to my uncle to train. But I don't want to go. I want to stay where you know where you can keep sending letters to. I don't think my uncle will train me regardless. And I hope he doesn't. It would be simply awful for me to leave my home, my family and you, my future wife.

I hope you don't mind me saying that. I know we joke about it all of the time when we are together, but I don't think it has a bad ring to it. We're not even adults yet, so I think it's okay to joke about this kind of thing. But you are my best friend. You have been my best friend throughout my childhood and my teenage years so far, even though your parents took you away. What has it been? Two years now? It feels like too long to only have spoken to you through letters.

My parents call your family traitors, but I understand what they were thinking. They wanted to keep you safe, just like I want to. For them, that meant going to a city in the control of the First Order. For me, it means being able to protect you. I wish there was another way for me to harness the Force. I can sense it all around me, pushing and pulling me. It's hard to hear all of this talk about the Light Side and the Dark Side. I feel like we're all both. Is that weird?

Regardless, I'm happy to join whatever side that you're on. I cannot hardly wait until I am old enough to leave Chandrila, planet of beautiful weather. Remember when we used to hope for thunder storms, just to interrupt the peace? All year we would do anything we could to try and ask the weather to give us a storm. Occasionally, our wish would be granted and we would spend all day out in the rain. I really do think all of our hard work caused it sometimes. I feel as if working with the Force means I can do something special for you. I would give you all the storms in the world, if that was what you wanted. But I am sure that you would become sick of them, and I do not know if I could stop them.

I would write you more, but my parents are hassling me about chores. It is not as if the chores themselves are unpleasant, but writing to you is much more fulfilling.

Please write me back at the same address.

Forever Friends,

Ben Solo