➢forty-eight.

It was the next day at lunch and all the boys were sitting together, including Woojin. The night before, he ended up telling Hyejin that Jinyoung found out about everything and after hours of pacing and panicking, she became distressed, now even more afraid to face him than before; thus skipping lunch and leaving Woojin alone to sit with his friends.

Jinyoung spent the majority of the school day looking for her, he even skipped a few of his classes to find her. Yet he had no luck, she was too good at hiding herself, clearly.

Woojin and Jinyoung sat opposite to each other, on either ends of the table, staying as far away as possible.

The rest of the boys noticed their odd behavior, they could tell something was wrong but they were a bit hesitant to say a word, afraid of sudden attack to come their way.

Two specific boys knew not to open their mouths. Jaehwan and Minhyun had a storm coming their way last night, full of Woojin cursing and yelling of course. They knew Jinyoung knew, and they didn't bother making eye contact with the boy. They felt like their bodies would disintegrate just from one look.

But of course, someone was not liking the awkward silence.

"Ummm how was everyone's day today? Bad day? Seems like everyone had a bad day? Am I right?" Guanlin asked his friends.

Some of them responded in mumbles while some didn't respond at all. Guanlin was very confused, they were never this quiet before. He decided to start up a conversation, hoping to liven them up.

"So...uh...Woojin, how's Yeji doing?"

Not even a second after he finished saying her name, Jinyoung abruptly stood up, his chair heavily falling to the ground. He stormed his way out of the now quiet cafeteria, everyone looking on.

"And that is why, Jisung, you kick out Guanlin out of the groupchat when I tell you to." Seongwoo said, taking a sip of his water. Jisung only rolled his eyes in response.

"Did I say something wrong? I only asked about Yeji?" Guanlin pouted. Seconds after saying her name, it was now Woojin's turn to get up and walk out of the cafeteria. The rest of the boys gave eachother an odd look.

Minhyun patted Guanlin's shoulder, "It's just their time of the month, its okay bud."

-

Woojin picked up his pace to get to the bitter boy a few meters away from him.

"Jinyoung!"

He turned around, waiting for Woojin to approach him.

"Oh what you're here to beg for my forgiveness or something?" He scoffed.

Woojin raised an eyebrow, "What? No. Listen I get that you're mad but you can't be mad forever. It was mainly her decision to keep herself a secret."

"Yes I know, you told me that a million times yesterday. But do you expect me to be perfectly fine now? Like nothing ever happened? Like I didn't get played by three different people?" Jinyoung said, raising his voice a bit.

"I can't even find Hyejin. She's literally nowhere. She won't pick up my calls or answer my texts. And you think I shouldn't be mad right now?" He was hurt that she was ignoring him even after finding out the truth.

"If it makes you feel better, she won't answer me either." Woojin quietly said. It wasn't true whatsoever but he didn't know what else to say to calm him down.

"Oh yes I'm fucking delighted." Jinyoung rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Woojin sighed, "I know you're mad at me, and I understand that. But please, don't take it out on Hyejin if you see her. She's very sensitive and she doesn't deserve to listen to your complaints and rants. She's a nice girl Jinyoung."