➢forty-four.

Woojin walked up the stairs and hesitantly rang the doorbell. He was nervous, really nervous. He tried to calm himself down the whole way to her house, he even stopped a few times to give himself a pep talk. But what could he do? The girl turned him into a nervous wreck every time they lock eyes.

The door opened shortly, revealing a middle aged woman.

"Woojin, come on in." Hyejin's mother opened the door wide enough for him to enter.

"How are you doing sweetheart? You look nervous." Her mother smiles at the boy as he awkwardly stood in the middle of the living room.

"Just a tad bit." He shyly said, making her mom laugh; she could sense the nervousness just in his voice. 

"Everything will go smoothly, don't break a sweat. I felt the same way when I took Hyejin's mom to our first school dance. You'll be fine." Her dad reassured him as he was fiddling with his camera, trying to figure out how to turn it on.

"I hope so." He sighed rubbing his hands on the sides of his suit; they were starting to get clammy, and he didn't even see her yet.

"Is he here? Can I come down now?" A sweet voice said from the top of the stairwell. Woojin's heartbeat quickened so suddenly, it even surprised him. Dang we dropped the skipping rope for some hurdles today or what??

"Yes hurry up now sweetie, he looks like he's about to pass out at any second." Her mom couldn't help but tease the boy. I probably will pass out at this point.

Hyejin emerged from the shadows and gracefully made her way down the stairs. His breath hitched, his mouth slightly parted in awe. In Woojin's eyes, the world slowed down, taking in every detail. Her cerulean coloured dress flowed, moving every time she took a step. Her untouched, wavy dark hair bounced, falling right into place as she descended.

His heart was beating faster than it had ever beaten before. Now I really think I'm about to pass out.

She finally got to him, smiling. "Hey,"

Woojin was utterly speechless at this point. He took in her facial features, she's unreal.

"H-Hi. Y-You look..." His words couldn't be processed as he was too hypnotized by her, making Hyejin blush by his nervousness.

"Well?" Her mom asked, going over to Hyejin and fixing her already perfect hair.

"Beautiful." He somehow managed to spit out. He was still staring at her, in shock.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." She winked at him, making his heart flutter.

"Stand together kids, let me get a picture of you two." Her dad motioned them to move closer to eachother.

"Oh come on dad, it's just a simple dance! It's not like its prom." She whined as they both stood side by side.

"But this is your first dance ever! You haven't attended a single one before and you're just in your third year of high school. This has to be written in the books!" Her mother said, she was standing beside her husband staring at the two teens in admiration.

Woojin looked at Hyejin. This is her first dance? So then that means... I'm her first date, ever.

Hyejin saw him staring at her, "The camera is over there silly." She turned his face with two fingers, making him blush once again.

"Aw honey~! Did you take it??" Her mother gleamed, smiling from how adorable Woojin was looking at her daughter, and the sudden contact soon after.