"Oh God," Maria let out and scrambled to retrieve her top from where it was lying on the floor behind my desk.

Tears flooded Zenia's eyes and hurt screeched from them. She quickly turned around and ran out the office. I ran after her. I caught her right before she was about the enter the parking lot.

"How could you do this to me?" she yelled as she slapped me across the face.

"Baby, I swear it's not what it looks like," I tried to assure her that nothing happened between Maria and me.

"Bullshit! It's always what it looks like. Some bitch was almost naked in front of you, EJ! In your office!"

"Zenia, you need to calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" she yelled. "Oh, so is that the reason you skipped breakfast this morning, huh? Because you were having that bitch for your breakfast?"

"Zenia, I swear to you that I've never touched Maria. She came on to me!" I yelled back.

"I don't wanna hear it. If you weren't entertaining her then that would've never happened."

"Zen, I'm sorry. Maybe I said something that she took the wrong way and she came on to me."

"What exactly did you say that she took the wrong way EJ?!"

There was no calming her down.

"I can't do this anymore EJ. This life isn't for me. I'm not willing to compete with celebrities, models and movie stars over you. I want a normal life!"

"Baby, you're not competing with anyone over me! I tell you that I love you every chance I get. I bought you a house, a car and a ring, and you're still looking at me like I'm willingly hurt you."

"Don't turn this back on me. I wasn't the one who had an almost naked person in my office. How would you react if that was me?"

I heaved a long sigh and she began to walk away. I held onto her arm, stopping her.

"Let me go EJ!"

"No! You're going to listen to me."

"I don't want to listen to you. I hate you. I've never trusted your ass and I never will! I don't want this relationship anymore. I don't want the house, the car, and I don't want your damn ring!"

She pulled something off her finger and threw it at me.

Damn it! She was wearing her engagement ring.

"Zenia, think about what you're saying and doing. We've been down this road before, and you're letting angry cloud your judgement. I told you that nothing happened! Why is that so hard for you to believe?"

"What's going on here?" another voice asked from behind us. 

I turned around and saw Jasmine.

"Jasmine, I'm sorry for yelling at your sister, but can you please talk some sense into her? I've got to get back to my office."

"Yeah, run back to that whore you've got waiting inside there!" Zenia yelled as I walked away.

It hurt me that she never trusted me.

____________________
Zenia's POV

"What the hell did you do?!" my sister yelled at me as we got back into the car.

"I caught him with another woman, Jassy."

"You caught him with another woman or you saw another woman with him? Was his dick inside of her?"

"No."

"Exactly! You had no F-ing right to pass judgement like that Zenia when you don't know what happened. You're going to lose him for good one day and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. Look at the mess I created between me and Evan before. Haven't you learnt anything from my mistakes?"

She stepped on the accelerator and pulled out of the parking lot with an angry face. She wasn't speaking anymore, she was more focused on the road. Her anger never flattened, and when she dropped me off at home, she left right after. Usually, she would stick around, have something to eat or drink, and have our girl chat.

That afternoon, I waited in the bedroom for EJ. I needed to apologize to him and for doubting him, passing judgement, slapping him and throwing the ring at him.

I had taken a long shower, let down my hair with some bouncing curls to it. I put on my white lace Victoria Secret lingerie, lit several scented candles and laid down on the bed, waiting for his arrival.

After twenty minutes, I began flipping through a magazine. 

He was late.

Where the hell could he be?

He better not be with that little bitch at the office!

Calm down, Zenia. Just calm down.

I took slow breaths as I calmed myself. Shortly after, the room door unlocked and he walked in, looking drained.

"EJ, I'm sorry for what I did today. I acted like a fool and you didn't deserve that." I got off the bed and held onto the lapels of his jacket, but he brushed my hands away. "EJ," I softly pleaded as he walked across the room.

He was silent. He avoided talking and looking in my direction. It was like I didn't exist in the same room.

I flaunted my body on the bed, trying to get his attention, but he continued to ignore.

"Damn it, EJ! At least talk to me and tell me where I stand!" I yelled.

He scoffed then chuckled.

"I'm ready for us to get engaged." I would say about anything to let him speak to me. I hated the silent treatment.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking," he calmly spoke as he got undressed. "And I've realized that we're better off as friends."

My heart bust through my rib cage, sank to my stomach, slowly went down to my toes then quickly traveled up my body before exploding in my head.

"I've already called my father to have the house back on the market. I'll have the car taken away and I will bring back the ring to Diamond Mine. I can't do this anymore."

"EJ. Don't do this. I said I was sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it for me anymore. You don't trust me, you don't appreciate anything I've done for you! Does this relationship make any sense? Everything I try to do to do right by you, it's still not enough. I don't know what else you want from me, Zenia. I'm not going to give you my soul. It's over. Jasmine will come to get you tomorrow!"

He grabbed a few of his clothes, stuffed them into his bag and walked out the door. 

I ran after him.

"Where are you going? EJ, please don't leave! I'm sorry! EJ, don't go!"

I ran after him, down the stairs and through the living room.

"I'm going back to my parents," he said as he got into his car.

He drove away and left me drowning with internal tears.

_______________

A/N

A song came to my mind as I wrote this chap.

Rihanna: Cry ^ (video lyrics above)

  **Please Don't Forget To Vote**