6

Ethan Junior's POV

"You're really making me feel bad right now, Madison. I honestly forgot it's your birthday."

I'm a terrible friend.

Madison had come over to remind me it was her nineteenth birthday today. I had completely forgotten about it and I felt bad.

"That's okay. You can make up for it by buying me a dress and taking me out to dinner later on tonight." 

She had an amazing smile. I wasn't about to reject her and make her feel bad on her special day.

"That I can do." I went upstairs and got my car keys to my black Mercedes-Benz.

"MOM! DAD! I'm heading downtown with Mads." I called to my parents as we went out the door.

I couldn't wait for my twenty first birthday, when I'd be given my own house, make my own rules, and come home at whatever time I liked.

"You know where you're taking me?" Madison asked as I drove downtown.

"Yes. I'm taking you to ZENIA'S."

"ZENIA'S as in Zenia?"

"Yep. She owns and manages her own boutique."

"Wow. That's awesome."

We pulled up to Zenia's boutique almost an hour later. Zenia looked surprised when she saw us walk in together.

"This is your place?" Madison asked her in astonishment.

Duh! I just told you that.

"Yes. How can I help you?" Zenia asked, sounding all professional.

"I'm looking for a dress like no other," Madison replied as she looked around.

"She wants a dress so I referred you to her," I butted in.

Zenia led her through the store and I took a seat while I texted some of my friends.

After Madison had found the dress she wanted and liked, I paid for it like I said I would. Then we left.

We got back into my car and I drove us back home.

"What time should I get ready for?" she asked as she got out of the car when we reached her destination.

"Seven."

"And, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

I didn't have a damn idea on where to take her. I hadn't planned anything.

She gave me another cute smile, closed the car door and walked up to her house. 

I drove away and went back to mine.

I lie down on my bed in my room and texted Zenia.

Me: hey

Zenia: Ur girl likes the dress?

Ohh I was sensing jealousy from her. I would play along with this.

Me: yh, she likes it. Wants me to get her another one.

Zenia: Oh so she is ur girl..hmm OK.

I threw back my head and laughed. Zenia liked me but she wasn't letting herself fall for me. She was easy to read but hard to understand.

Me: And what if she is or isn't? She's a real sweet person but not my type.