Chapter 9: If It Was Only Just A Dream

Haley's POV~

It's like I've been dreaming forever, well more like hell. Reliving the same occurring day over and over again. Am I dead? Is this my heaven. What even happened to me? Oh my god wait! My baby what about my baby! As soon as I could try to answer my own question with another one I could hear a faint sound of beeps coming in and out. Feeling oxygen inhale inside my lungs like it was my first time taking a breath. As I try to open my eyes blinding white lights pierced them. 

I slowly open them and scan my surroundings around me. I could tell that I was in the hospital just by the smell of it. I finally start to get the feeling back in my body realizing that I'm not paralyzed and can actually move my fingers and toes. For some reason my right hand felt heavy and as I glanced over I saw someone holding my hand but, sleeping in the chair next to my bed. Just by the feeling in my hand I could tell it was Jesus.

"Jesus? Jesus wake up." I try to get out as loud as I could with how dry my throat became. Shaking him the second time I called his name.

He jumps up and looks behind him to see no one standing there till he realizes that it was me trying to wake him up. 

"Haley? You're awake!" Jesus says while trying to get me into his arms but my body was in too much pain to move or help him. 

"Shouldn't we get the doctor or something?" I question him while the pain really starts to kick in with a huge amount of sadness.

"Let me just have a minute with you with no one else around please, I've been waiting for you to wake up for so long."

But before he could get comfortable a nurse walks in and sees me awake.

"Oh my god, Let me go get the doctor right now, I'll also get you some water your throat must be dry." The nurse says while setting down her clipboard on the table in front of my bed.

"Jesus what happen? Why am I in the hospital and why do I feel so much sadness?

"The doctors told me this was going to happen."

"What do you mean, What was going to happen?"

But before he could answer the doctor walks in with the nurse next to him along with a water jug and a pink plastic cup. 

"Hello miss Wilson, I'm doctor Daniel I'm glad to finally meet you." The doctor greets himself to me 

"What happened to me? Why am I in a hospital right now!?" I start crying because of the confusion that was happening.

"Miss wilson, You were in an accident, You had bleeding in your brain but we controlled you and your body didn't understand how to process it so you slept. Your body basically went into rest mode to heal you."

"Why do I feel this sadness? I'm so.. I can't explain it."

"Haley you were in an accident which I already explained, However what I didn't explain was that during your accident you were pregnant correct?"

All I could do was look at Jesus with tears falling down my face. Not wanting him to know the truth but because he didn't seem surprised I took it as he already knew and was able to process it.

I shook my head to answer the doctors question.

"Well you were pregnant with twins.."

"I was? Wait, what do you mean I was did the accident kill them!"

"Haley I need you to calm down, your heart rate is speeding up like crazy and I want to explain everything I can."

I let the doctor continue to explain

"Like I said yes, you were pregnant with twins however you did lose one of them. You are still pregnant with a healthy baby now. But that doesn't mean you won't feel that grief of losing a baby. We do have a number you can call that will help you if you have any questions now if you'll excuse me I have to set up some test."

All I could do was look at Jesus, I wasn't mad at him I understand that it wasn't his fault that I lost the baby. Yes it was his fault about the accident but he probably got drilled for that already.

"Hals, I'm so sorry I should've been protecting you not causing you to get into an accident."

"Jesus It's okay."

He was surprised by me saying that. I pat the bed next to me for him to lay down with me.

"Jesus where are my parents?"

"About that, well they were here, but when the doctors told them that you're pregnant they kind of lost it. Went off on me and said some pretty hurtful things. Then said that if we decided to keep the baby it wouldn't be in their house."

"If? Of course I'm keeping our baby!"

" Good because me and my moms already moved all of your things into my room, and when Brandon leaves for college we are making his room into the nursery."

All I could do was smile at Jesus and fall asleep in his arms.