Chapter 8: Haley Wake Up

"What do you remember Jesus?"

*Flashbacks*

"I remember arriving at the party with Haley, everything was perfect. We hung out with different crowds of people and then it was getting late and I wanted to spend the rest of the night with just Haley, she insisted to drive but I wouldn't let her, I thought that I would be fine." 

"Is that all you remember Jesus?" Mama Stef asked me

" I remember Haley telling me to look out for something then that's when we crashed."

I actually remember everything but couldn't come to terms with telling my mom who was a police officer that I ran multiple red lights and stop signs.

"When can I see Haley, mom, why won't they tell me anything about her." I asked both my moms while tears begin to fill in my eyes.

Just the thought of me hurting Haley because of this wreck that I caused would haunt me for the rest of my life.  Both my moms decided to go back home to get some more of my things even though I was being released tomorrow, but Haley won't be leaving with me because she still hasn't woken up. 

My twin sister Mariana decided to stay back while my parents left, and we were talking about some of our favorite memories. Her's was mostly anything to do with shopping and mine revolved around Haley

"Jesus, can I tell you something but, you will not get upset with our moms?"

"What does it have to deal with?"

"Haley.."

"You're telling me that our moms know something about her and haven't told me anything even when I ask!" I could feel anger filling my body.

Something could be really wrong with Haley and they know about it but won't tell me.

"Jesus, please they're doing this to protect you and so that you don't go crazy. They were planning on telling you as soon as we got home but I feel like you should know now."

"Okay, I promise I won't be mad."

"Okay, well here it goes. Haley was obviously pregnant with your kid, Doctors told moms that she lost the baby, but when they went to check something seemed off. she was pregnant with twins and lost one that was more impacted from the wreck. She still is pregnant with a healthy baby only about 2 months along, but Jesus when she wakes up you really need to be there for her. She was going to tell you eventually but maybe she was scared."

All I could do was stare at my sister. I was going to be a dad as a junior in high school!

"uhm, what did moms say about it." 

"They want both of you to make a decision on whether you want to keep the baby or put it up for an adoption. They also said that with whatever decision you make they will be supportive of your choice. And that they will also help both of you."

"Well that makes me feel better. I've always wanted a family with Haley, I was thinking in the future but now is ok, whatever Haley is more comfortable with."

"Mom also said that if Haley doesn't feel comfortable with going to school she can always homeschool her."

"She's gonna be mad at me Mariana." I start to cry with all the emotions that I'm feeling.

"Who?"

"Haley! I caused her to lose a baby Mariana, she's going to feel that grief and when she feels that she's gonna be reminded of what caused that feeling and who and that who is me! How am I supposed to be a supportive boyfriend to my pregnant girlfriend when I caused her to lose a child, MY CHILD! because of my stupid decision to drink and drive."

Silence had filled the room, I could hear the echo of my last statement lingering in the hospital room. 

Me and Mariana both looked at the door as there was a knock.

It was our moms, but there was someone else with them.

"Hey honey, I know you weren't expecting visitors so soon but, Haley's parents are here and they want to talk to you."

"Yeah, that's fine let them in." I say while adjusting myself on the hospital bed.

As Haley's parents walked in I could see the anger on her dad's face with the sadness on her mom's.

Once my mom opened the door for her parents to come in, Haley's father stormed in. 

"HOW COULD YOU JESUS, MY DAUGHTER IS IN A FUCKING COMA BECAUSE OF YOU, AND I HEAR YOU GOT HER PREGNANT WHAT WERE YOU TWO THINKING!" He storms closer to me but my mom stopped him.

"It's not just his fault Elijah, don't forget your daughter opened her legs!" Stef scream at him

"MOM!" I scream at her

"Me and Haley both decided what time we should have sex, both decided that when it was the right time it was just going to happen. Now yes when it happened we both were dumb and didn't think about protection and I'm not the golden son like Brandon that thinks about these things before hand and that is my fault and my apology. 

Everyone just stared at me letting what I said sink in.

After listening to the hurtful things Haley's parents had to say about her and me. My parents finally had enough of it and sent them home. My parents and I had made the choice of letting Haley live with us. 

Her parents had told us that if we wanted to keep the baby it wasn't going to be under their roof and that they were going back to work and weren't going to be there when Haley woke up. 

*Being released*

It has been three days since the accident and Haley hasn't woken up, Me and my parents have been working on making room for Haley at our house since her parents were kicking her out. Lena and Stef both agreed that it's a little too late to separate us and put us in different rooms, so Haley is staying in my room. And when Brandon moves out to go to college he said we can make his room into the nursery. which won't be long. In two weeks Junior year will be over with and then two months for summer vacation and finally senior year. 

Once we were done with everything it was like a ticking clock just waiting for the doctors to call and say she woke up. I go to see her every day after school, leaving her letters and flowers. Trying to keep her up to date with everything. 

I really hope she wakes up, I need to tell her how happy I am to be the father of her child.