Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Anna's POV:

"MOM I'M HOME!" I yell as I enter our overly large house for just the two of us. It used to not seem as big when my dad was here, but since my parents got a divorce about a year ago the house is oddly large. It wasn't a horrible, heartbreaking divorce, they just thought they fought too much and couldn't find it in them to fix it. I still see my dad all the time though. He lives just across town and I can drive and stay at his house whenever I want to.

I am broken out of my thoughts when my mom comes out of the kitchen covered in flour. It is quite a sight to see, "Hey honey how was work?" "Good. Work is work." "See any cute guys?" "Mom please it's work not a meet and greet." I say as I walk up the stairs to my room. "Okay okay sorry!"

About an hour later I was bored with watching TV. The shows they play aren't worth watching anymore. As a result, I end up reading in the book of Romans. I love this book because it has so many of my favorite verses. After reading a few chapters and feeling refreshed, I go downstairs. As I walk down I start to smell what my mom was cooking, a cake and it smells so good! "Mom the cake smells so good in the kitchen!" I say walking in the living room and plopping down on the couch like I'm four hundred pounds. "Thank you! I made our favorite, chocolate with vanilla icing and sprinkles on your side of it!" "What's the special occasion?" I question. "No occasion! I was just bored." She says with a big grin. I laugh, "Alright mom. Well I am going to go to the coffee shop to just hang for a bit." "Okay but don't stay too long." She says as I walk out the door.

*Coffee Shop*
As I walk into the coffee shop I was not prepared for what took place. I ran right into someone and their coffee spilt down my jeans. It is a good thing that they were going to throw it away and there wasn't much to spill. "Oh my god are you serious?" I say exasperated.

Joey's POV:

"Oh my god are you serious?" she says and if it is possible I feel worse than I already did. "I..I'm so sorry! Here let me go get you a napkin." I go and get as many as I can. I hand them to her, but she is just making it worse. "Here let me help.. Dab it don't rub it." I say as I help her attempt to get out the coffee stain. "If it helps you can't see it very well since they're jeans." I smile and look into her eyes for the first time and I don't want to look away. They are such a deep brown that I might get lost, but I wouldn't mind. "Um thank you" she says. I can tell she is still a little angry or embarrassed, but I am determined to fix that. "Again, sorry. It was a complete accident. Hey.. how about I make it up to you and buy you a drink?" I say with all the courage I have.

Anna's POV:

"Hey.. how about I buy you a drink?" the stranger who just spilled coffee on me says. "What?" I say a little taken aback. "I mean you don't have to say yes, but I would like it if you did." This guy wants to buy me a drink? I don't even know him.. The idea! Maybe I could try the idea on him and finally be over Harper. "Sure. I would love that." I say not knowing if I mean it or not. He just smiles and gives me a quick but flirty wink. If one thing is for sure this guy is super cute. I am interrupted from my thoughts by a hand held out to help me up. "I'm Joey by the way." he says with a smirk. "I'm Anna, nice to meet you in this odd but memorable way." I smirk back. Maybe this Joey guy will turn out to be more than Caroline's stupid idea. Who knows?