six

mila +

after getting home from work and taking a three hour long nap, i head toward noah schnapp's house to yell at him. for some reason, i'm infuriated with him because he applied where i work, behind my back. 

the drive isn't long and there's soft music playing in the background. i feel like sleep is going to take over me again and i need to succumb from this car. i turn on the road to his house and spot it down the street. it's going down.

i park my car in noah's driveway and then stomp my way up to the front door. without knocking, i burst into his house. he is my best friend, so it's not that weird. i see him on couch, watching liza koshy youtube videos and eating chips.

"hey! i didn't know you were coming today." he smiles to me as a greeting.

"you applied at my work?" i slam the door and cross my arms over my chest. 

"yes mam i did." he replies with a mouth full of food.

"what in the living hell were you thinking?" i flail, my arms in the air to emphasize the situation.

"i'm sorry. i'm starting to see you drowning in cash and i wanted in on whatever you were doing. unless you were prostituting yourself, then in that case i don't." he tells me, leaning back onto his couch.

"he only needs one assistant and that's me. you applied for accounting and finance and i can tell you right now that you have no clue what your doing in that area. you literally have no experience!" i tell him, practically shouting. "you didn't major in that."

"um, once in third grade i wanted to become a banker." he says in a matter-of-fact tone, holding his index finger up.

i roll my eyes at him, taking a seat. "he told me to review your job application and say whether or not you should get the job." 

"he as in who?"

he is the most clueless person i've ever met. who else does the hiring?!

"caleb mclaughlin." i answer.

his eyes go wide, "get me the fuckin job mila!" he exclaims.

"you applied behind my back! you should've told me."

"i know, i know and i am truly sorry." he apologizes, but i can tell that he is half joking.

my eyes narrow at him and i ball my fists. i was ready to square up. he takes notice at my slight anger and dashes right into his room. I spring up from my chair and run after him. i chase him and slip into his bedroom before he can close the door.

"mila, please, no, im sorry. don't hurt me!" he screams like a little girl which makes me fall down the floor in laughter.

"your scream!" i say in between laughs.

"be quiet." he mutters. "does that mean i'm getting the job?"

"not necessarily." i smirk.

"please, mila." he begs. "i will do anything. i need this job. i hate working as the local librarian and let me tell you dreams don't pay bills." he whines. 

"you think that, but you'll fulfill your dreams soon, bud." i stand up and ruffle his hair.

 "come on, mila. we both know i'm not good enough to make it as a successful actor. i suck." he says defeated. 

"noah." i frown, "you are the most amazing actor i know. you know what, i'll let you have this job so you can the money you need to start auditioning for some big roles. i love you too much to have this talent pushed aside." i smile. 

he jumped up with wide eyes, "thank you so much, mila."

"wait. on one condition." i say, narrowing my eyes.

"yes? anything?"

"you have to shout me out when you win your first oscar." i smirk.

"of course i will you crackhead." he smiles embracing me in his arms. "let's watch netflix and eat popcorn." he suggests.

 "on my block?" i grin and he rapidly nods his head.

"i'll make the popcorn." he says, while walking off into the kitchen.

i sit down on his large couch and make myself comfy. i bring up the show we're gonna watch on netflix and i hear johnson taking the popcorn out of the microwave. he sits next to me, putting the bowl in between us. 

"you're gonna fall asleep during the movie, watch." i point an accusing finger at him.

he puts his hands up, " i swear that i won't"

"sure." i narrow my eyes at him. "you always say that."

"hey, this time it's true." he reassures me. "how is your job by the way? do you like it?" noah asks while popping some popcorn in his mouth.

"after an entire month you ask me?" my eyes droop at him. "recently, he started calling me maya, which was better than nothing. for the entire month, he would call me miss." i mock and mimic him. "most annoying thing ever."

"mila, i asked if you like your job. not what he calls you." he reminds me and i roll my eyes.

"it's alright." i shrug. "it's easy."

"and well paying."

"well yeah, i'm his personal assistant. i fulfill his needs on a daily basis." i inform him.

"so you're a maid?" he raises an eyebrow.

my eyebrows pull together in a pulled expression. "i don't clean his office, noah. i bring files back and forth, and fetch his food, and run errands, and whatever he needs."

wow, i sound really whipped.

"so, you're like an office wife then?"

"stop!" i laugh, "honestly, if it wasn't his assistant, he probably wouldn't have one." i snort.

an hour zooms by quickly and i check the time from the clock on the wall. 7:30 pm. noah's head is on my shoulder and he's snoring softly. i want to take a picture, but i don't want to wake him up by moving. 

i feel like i'm forgetting something, but i have no homework or anything to do for work. then, it hit me like a ton of bricks. fuck. 

i was supposed to meet caleb to play basketball.

{vote, comment, share} 

i havent updated in a long time but i need friends so if anyone wants to be my friend then that'd be nice.