Part 46

"Okay, little one. Erno will first heal your wounds. And then we'll see to your eyes." Esalaa sounded happy and relieved. Both her siblings stepped away and a broad hand was suddenly placed on her head.

She shrank away: "Can you please announce it, when you're touching me?", she complained. She still wasn't too happy about Erno using his magic on her.

"Sorry, dear. I'm... I'm simply not used to you having that big aversion against me. And that you don't know about my healing methods anymore. And especially you being blind is... different."
Though he sounded very sincere and unsure of himself, Eleeza simply shrugged.

"Anyway...", he continued, "I'm standing to your right."

"I know. I am blind not stupid!"

"Okay, so... I will put my hand on your head. My magic will feel like a warm shower. Your arm might feel funny and hot while healing. If you keep still, it'll be quicker."

She nodded and he started calling magic with very soft-spoken words, which she heard only due to her improved hearing. Warmth spread within her body, washing down from head to toe. At all those body parts, which were hurt or blemished, it got warm. With every warm wave Erno's magic fixed them. When the magic reached her arm, it got burning hot and itchy. She breathed a sigh of relief when it was over.

"Thank you." She muttered even though she didn't feel very grateful. She had been forced after all by her sister. Anyway, it had cost Erno strength and it was a nice gesture in a way. With her fingers she traced the scar on her arm that had been left there. Certainly ugly, she decided, and with a tiny bit of her own magic she let it vanish.

"Do your eyes always glow when you use magic?", Esalaa suddenly asked.

Eleeza shrugged: "I was told that they tend doing that."

"They do. And in the night as well, at least sometimes. Which is creepy...", Cathryn added.

"Let me try healing them first, Esalaa. Then you can take your chance."

They wouldn't let Eleeza have another word in it. At least this time, Erno did warn her when he put his hand over her eyes. She felt him collecting magic – and did the same as a precaution.

He whispered some incomprehensible words and his fingers warmed up. They got warmer, hot, very hot, until it felt as if he was burning her eyes away. Then her eyeballs itself got hot. Pained she started screaming and released magic to protect herself. A blast of blue light, similar her earlier sphere, pushed him metres back. It had been uncontrolled magic, she didn't even know how and what she did.

Out of breath and shocked Erno muttered: "I'm sorry, truly! I didn't want to hurt you... I never want to hurt you!"

Eleeza pressed her cool fingers over her hot eyelids. The cooling did her good: "Don't you ever – ever – dare try that again. If I wasn't bling already, I would say you burned my sight away!"

"Erno! How could you?", Ellob exclaimed, protective over his little sister.

"The curse is too strong... It doesn't need healing I guess. But I tried my best. I really wanted to free you!"

"Can you maybe tell us how you got cursed? Maybe then we know what kind of magic is needed...", Ellob inquired.

Eleeza sighed and walked a few feet off. What time of day was it? She dearly needed the moon to regain strength. She tripped over a root and before she could even scold herself for being so careless to walk in unknown terrain, Erno caught her. Which agitated her even more, because she never lost her balance fully.