Part 22

Oliver went inside and the two of them stayed on the bench. Evan took her hands and Eleeza bend over to kiss him. It was a gentle kiss, gentle but filled with a lot of love. They stayed there for some time, enjoying the silence and the time together. Love filled the air. Evan enjoyed the sunset and Eleeza marvelled the changing tinge of silver in her vision.

Finally Evan cleared his throat: "Eleeza, would you like to go out with me in the moon light? I know a wonderful meadow just twenty minutes away..."

Eleeza smiled: "Of course! I would love to!"

With the bandages all over Eleeza's body in his view, Evan added:

"Maybe we can remove that ugly bandages then and I can see your skin again..."
Eleeza chuckled: "I hope that you don't only want to see it..." and poked her tongue out at him. Laughing they got up.

But then Eleeza stopped: "Wait, what about Lay? Didn't she want to game with us?"

"I will tell her that we don't feel like gaming right now, she will understand it. And I will get us some blankets."

Evan went inside and Eleeza stayed next to the bench. She felt bad to disappoint Lay, but she really didn't feel like being surrounded by many people. It exhausted her to focus on the conversations while she always felt disoriented and overwhelmed by too many sounds.

She removed her shoes and tried to sense the underground. In front of the door was gravel which was pressing into her bare feet. Turning right, the gravel stopped after two feet. There was a little bit of grass and then the bench. In front of the bench, there was bare earth laced with flat stones. That seemed to be a path too, maybe about three feet broad. It was a little muddy but pleasant to walk on. Across on the other side of the gravel she found the same. The bench with the muddy path in front. In front of the right bench across the path was grass. From earlier that day she remembered the location of the beds and the roses. Slowly she walked a few square meters and slowly a map of the garden began to from up in her head. Evan returned from inside and lightly touched her elbow.

"I am trying to learn the setting of the garden." She explained proudly. "I already know the gravel path in front of the door, the two benches to the right and left with that muddy path of three feet in front. And across that path starts grass. And I know the location of the first two beds to the right."

"I am very proud of you!" Evan smiled and kissed her, "You are learning so fast, never would I have thought it possible. I mean, you have been blind for not even three days and you can do so much! I could not tell you any other human who would be able to manage the same!"

Eleeza turned her face to him and again Evan had the feeling that those silver eyes looked right into his soul.

"But I am not human, Evan." Eleeza said.

Evan had almost forgotten that fact, he still could not process that she wasn't like him. So, he simply nodded. But then he got curious.
"Does your body actually work like ours? I mean, you look the same, but..."

Eleeza put her hand over his lips: "First, let us not discuss this here. Nobody except you should know that I am different. Secondly, have you forgotten what I really look like? I have wings!"

"Sorry!" Evan apologised. "I didn't mean too, I was just..."

"Shush, it's okay. Don't worry, just maybe think before you talk." She mocked him.

"Maybe you are right..." he sighed. Then she put on her blindfold again, took her shoes in one hand and Evan's elbow with the other. Quietly he led her to the forest. The map in Eleeza's mind expanded. In the forest, the noises of the animals and the thousands of different smells captured Eleeza completely and so she did not mind walking in silence.