Saihara Shuichi x Reader

Start from the beginning

     "Yeah, I mean, playing the piano takes skill, but you have to be observant and smart to be a detective!" Kaede agreed.

     "W-Well, it's not that great..." Saihara replied.

     You shook your head. "You need to appreciate yourself some more! Even if you don't stand out, you're still attending a prestigious academy, with a great talent on top of that! Your life is lucky and super cool! I wish I could be you!"

     Saihara flushed. "W-Well, I... um..."

     Kaede broke the silence and nodded her head, blonde locks bouncing. "Yeah! Why don't (L/n) and Saihara meet up at the park tomorrow?"

     "That sounds great!" You said with a smile. "The cafe is closed tomorrow anyhow too. What perfect timing!"

     Before Saihara could protest, or even talk, you bid farewell as they took their drinks. After years of waiting, you finally scored a date. You pumped your fist and closed up early, counted the days earnings and quickly went to bed. Saihara could be fun to tease and poke at, but you weren't like Hiyoko or Ouma. 

--Time Skip--

     The day of your first date, you were too excited and dressed up casually. Your heart pumped faster than usual and a light red adorned your cheeks. When you went outside though, you regained composure and walked to the park. You saw your best friend Koizumi and another friend from the reserve course, Hajime too and waved to both of them.

     When you reached the park, there Saihara was. Awkwardly sitting on a bench with his cap on his head. You approached him and felt a pair of eyes burning into the back of your head, but ignored the thought. It was probably just you being nervous again. (You'd be wrong) Sitting down next to him made him flinch, but otherwise stayed there.

     "Hello Saihara-kun." You said with a smile.

     "H-Hi... (L/n)." Saihara replied with a, lopsided grin.

     You sat there in an awkward silence for about a moment before you made small talk. Clearly this wasn't going anywhere. 

     "So Saihara-kun..." You drawled.

     "Y-Yes?" Saihara Asked, a faint tint of red on his cheeks.

     "Do you... feel like someone's watching us? I could be wrong though."

     "Yeah... I've been feeling like someone's stalking me too. It just happened today though. Maybe it's just Akamatsu monitoring us." Saihara replied.

(Kaede's POV)

     Oh no, they're gonna find me out! Oh crap, am I gonna get caught? Ouma's hiding in a bush, and a few others like Angie and Gonta are hiding too. 

     "It's probably nothing."

     Oh, thank you so much (L/n)! You're a lifesaver!

(Reader POV)

     You continued on with your chat, you doing most of the talking. Saihara's words were nearly incoherent. It took some time to get used to his low voice.

     "So, um... (L/n). Do you... not remember me at all?" Saihara asked.

     You thought about it for a while. "Yeah, I do remember you, it's just that we never really talked. Shirogane-San introduced me to you."

     "Oh... so you do remember me. Thank goodness." The boy said, making the last part barely audible.

     "Why the 'Thank goodness' for me remembering you?" You asked him.

     Saihara looked away, his cheeks flushing a deep rose color. "W-Well... I um, kinda..."

     You tilted your head to the side in a confused manner. "What is it?"

     "IlikeyouandIwasn'tsureifyoulikedme!" He exclaimed.

     Your face turned crimson. "Well, um... is that so? I-I kinda like you too, you're cute. The way you talk and all that so..."

     "..." Saihara didn't speak.

     Kaede, Ouma, Gonta and Angie popped out of the bushes and you and Saihara jumped back. (Shit's about to go down Ouma's gay)

     "Hey!" Ouma exclaimed. "Shuichi-Chan's mine!"

     "Well, He said he liked me, Ouma. Sooo.... I guess you were rejected indirectly."

     Ouma started sobbing, but everyone else started clapping and congratulated you two. It was sudden, and people popping out of bushes was weird. I guess they were kinda being stalkers, but they were friends setting you two up.

-----

     Aw, I finally got this done! Woo hoo!