Chapter 14 - Xavier

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Macy relented. "I'll go with you to check out the apartments so I know that you'll be safe and in a good neighbourhood."

"Thank you and yes, I expected you to check them out with me anyways," Harper grinned at Macy.

"If I find one thing wrong with any of those places, you're staying right here where I know you'll be safe and have someone to watch out for you, got it" Macy answered seriously.

"I promise to stay here if I don't find a safe and decent place. Now can you stop being a drama queen," Harper joked while smiling broadly at a brooding Macy.

Macy cracked a smile, "You know you love it when I worry about you. Anyways, I better go and say my goodbyes to Alex, Brian must be wondering where I am," Macy said getting up, hugging Harper and walking in the direction of Alexander and Tristan.

Harper huffed out a breath and fell back against the couch she was on and closed her eyes forgetting that I was still standing there completely dumbfounded.

I always thought I'd be happy to see Harper leave, hell I even prayed that she would when I first heard that she'd be moving in with me. Now that she is going, I actually feel kind of guilty, like its my fault that she's leaving. Hell, I wouldn't blame her if I was the reason. I've treated her like a ghost, never acknowledging her presence around the house, ignoring her every time she tried to start a conversation with me and being flat out rude to her whenever my boys came over to watch the game on the weekend. I have on more than one occasion gone out of my way to exclude her from activities or events and relished in knowing that I had succeeded in doing just that, as I watched her being isolated from our group. How much of a dick am I?

I know I need to say something but I didn't know where to start.

Harper's soft voice broke me from my internal battle.

"Hi Xavier, Lex got a call earlier from his coach saying that he needs to get back to work so he'll be flying out to San Francisco first thing tomorrow morning. I thought it'd be good if we all went out to dinner instead of staying in," she spoke hurriedly and in a shy manner.

"Yeah that sounds good. Where were you planning on taking him?" I asked.

"I know how much Lex loves Latin American food, so I was thinking maybe dinner at Wildfire would be good. He'll enjoy eating the variety of meats that they have and he loved it the last time we went there when he visited. Unless you have another suggestion?"

"That sounds good. I haven't been there myself, so it'll be quite the experience. I heard from one of my employees that the servers bring the food out on swords and perform tricks as they slice up the meats into the diners plates, so it sounds like heaps of fun."

"It is and their food is delicious," Harper stated dreamily. "I'll make the reservations. Does 6 o'clock sound good?"

"Yes, that's fine with me. Alexander's lucky to have a friend like you."

Harper looked shocked by my statement, which was true because she genuinely cared about making his last night here a good one and the two of them seemed really close.

Harper made the calls and I walked around the house looking for where Alexander and Tristan went off.

******

I parked the car and we all got out. Harper came around to the drivers side and I caught a whiff of her beautiful perfume. I didn't know what has been happening with me the past couple of days but I couldn't help but notice every little detail about Harper. Take tonight for instance, she smelt divine and the dress she was wearing definitely meant that she'd have every guy in the restaurants attention; including mine.