2

Spotlight moonlight.

Mateo

"Aye Ayleo I'm going to the store for some skittles do you want anything!" I yelled as I grabbed my keys waiting for a reply.

"Just get me something to drink mane!" He responded shortly and I nod even though he couldn't see me and walked out.

Instead of taking my car to the store I decided to walk cause it was really pretty outside when its night time.

Reaching the store parking lot I saw a person. Being curious because it had a hoodie on and almost blended in with the darkness. If the moon wasn't out tonight they wouldn't have been seen. I stared at the individual watching it pass under a street light and saw it was a girl and she looked beyond exhausted and kinda dirty.

Not that I was to be the judge of that. She walked with a limp which caught my eye.

I noticed she was heading to the store like me. So I decided to walk her pace but tried to be unnoticeable.

I reached the doors first and opened it for her and she looked at me.

She was gorgeous.

She stared at me for a few seconds before mumbling a thank you and limping off into the non busy store.

Clearing my throat I followed behind her but branched off and went to get what I came for.

"Might as we'll restock up on groceries while I'm here." I say to myself and grab a cart.

Once I got everything that I thought we needed I paid and started leaving out.

Grabbed the four bags I had I held them on my arms and kept walking until something caught my eye

I saw the same girl, but she was moving kinda fast towards the exit.

She looked focus and suddenly shit just went left. A security guard grabbed her before she could make it out the exit.

She winced in pain and used her free arm to upper cut the man and he let her go and she ran out the store.

I don't know why but I followed after her. She was fast even though she was running funny because of her injury.

When I got closed I grabbed her and she screamed. Clapping my hand over her mouth I pulled her into a fenced off area.

She struggled against me trying to get out my tight grip but stopped when we heard a serious of feet pounding the sidewalk going past us.

We waited for a few minutes then I let her go and she socked me in the chest.

"The Hell man" I say in pain holding the spot she hit.

She glared at me.

"What did you follow me for." She says and her soft yet rough voice was laced with venom.

"Because you looked like you were in trouble." I say stating the obvious and she smacked her teeth.

"I was fine god damn." She snarls and starts to walk off but I get an her forearm.

"I'm guessing you're not from this side of town but the store you stole from has camera so I suggest you come with me til everything dies down." I say putting bass in my voice and she rolled her eyes.

"I don't give a fuck about them cameras now let me go."

I sigh feeling my head start to hurt.

"Just come with me and I can give you some clothes to change into so they can't track you easily." I say reasoning with her and she gave me a look.

It took her a whole minute before she backed down.

"Fine but once I ditch these clothes I'm leaving get that?" She says placing a hand on her hip raising her eyebrow and I nodded.

"Got it now let's go we gotta take the long way to my house."