T W E N T Y - S E V E N

"Damn I guess Riley isn't as innocent as I thought, huh?" Alex smirked while eating a fry.

Alex and I were at the mall having a girls day together.

"Oh shush" I blushed. "How was it?" She asked resting her jaw in her hand.

"I don't know. It was like nothing else matter except us. It felt so special and real. It felt magical." I said thinking back to the night before.

"How far did you guys go?" She asked. "Uhhhh" I said awkwardly scratching the back of my neck and smiling.

"No way! You guys went all the way?!" She exclaimed. "Dude shush." I chuckled nervously covering her mouth.

"You guys went all the way?" She whisper shouted.

"Yes." I whispered, grinning.

"Oh my god!" She squealed while clapping her hands.

"Chill Alex" I giggled.

-

About 2 hours later we went to get pedicures because my feet were crustier and scratchier than the Sahara Desert.

We sat next to each other this the chair things and gossiped with the ladies giving us our pedicures because who doesn't do that?

After our pedicures we went to crave and got some cupcakes for the four of us when we got back home.

Then we drove back to the house.

Jonah Marais

Daniel and I were playing video games in my room.

"So how are things with you and Alex?" I asked. "They're pretty good." He replied.

"I really like her man" he said. "Yeah. She really likes you too." I replied.

He just sat there like an idiot with a huge smile on his face.

"Man, I think I love her..." he looked at me as the round ended in our game.

"You think so you?" I grinned. "Yeah. I mean she lights up my world, she's so funny and adorable, she's easy to talk to, whenever I see her it's like my day gets 10x better, and I don't think I can see myself without her." He said.

"Damn. Sounds real." I said.

At perfect timing we heard Alex and Riley come through the front door.

"Hey baby" I said coming down the stairs. "Hey" She said pecking my lips.

"We brought cupcakes." I said holding up the package of cupcakes. "Yummy" Daniel said like a 3-year-old.

Riley brought the cupcakes to the island and we each took a cupcake.

-

Riley Rivera

It was around 2am. There was a huge thunder storm outside, keeping me awake.

I got a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown
I know where you are.
You can run but you can't hide.
You ran away to stay with Alex.
You're in love with Jonah.
You lost your virginity last night.
You aren't safe anymore.

Immediately I panicked. I jumped out of bed, grabbed a backpack and quickly grabbed as much stuff as I could get.

I grabbed the $3000 dollars I had been saving for years and stuffed it into my bag then quickly heading upstairs.

I was so caught up in what I was doin that I didn't even notice Jonah standing in the kitchen.

Jonah Marais

I was downstairs grabbing water when Riley came rushing upstairs with a backpack and a rain coat on.

"Riley?" I asked. She jumped. "Oh uh Jonah you scared me." She said nervously.

"Where are you uh going?" I asked.

She suddenly had the most horrific look on her face. "Look Jonah I have to leave for a while." She said.

*play music above*

"What do you mean 'leave'?" I asked walking over to her. "I mean Ric knows where I am and I have to run away somewhere for a while." She said.

"Well, for how long?" I asked getting worried. "Long Jonah." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Please Riley" I said about to cry. "You're safe here I promise." I said. "Not safe enough Jonah. this kills me just as much as this kills you. I hate the fact I have to leave you. " She said as a tear fell from her eye.

"If you're going to go then, please find the safest place you can, Riley." I said.

Tons and tons of tears fell from now both our eyes. I didn't wanna let her go. Not now not ever.

I wanted to keep her safe in my sight, forever.

I love her so much.

"I will Jonah. I will." She sniffled. I couldn't bare having to let her go.

"Just know that I love you so so so much Riley. So much." I said. "I love you too Jonah." She replied almost bawling her eyes out.

"Jus-just promise me this okay?" I said. "Okay." "Promise to come back for me one day." I said holding her hands in front of me.

"I promise." She nodded her head.

I embraced her in the biggest hug I had ever given. She began to sob into my chest. I hugged her so so tight. I didn't wanna let go.

We pulled away from the hug and I gave her one last kiss goodbye.

This could be our last kiss. This could be the last time I see her. "Goodbye Jonah." She said pulling away and grabbing hold of the door handle.

"Goodbye Riley." I said softly.

She quickly ran out the front door and ran down the driveway.

I slammed my back against the wall and slid down pulling my knees into my chest. I started crying. Non-stop crying.

I had never cried so hard in my life. I bawled and bawled. I couldn't stop crying.

I missed her already. I missed her touch, her laugh, her smile, her voice. Everything about her.

I remembered the day we met. When I was walking down the hallway and I saw her and I fell in love with her instantly.

I wish I could go back and change everything. Make her safer. Call the police. Send Ric away.

But no. I lost Riley and I can't get her back.

I remembered the night of our first kiss. I remember the way it tasted, the way I felt, the cool nighttime breeze.

All of this made me cry harder.

I just lost the love of my life.