E I G H T E E N

Riley Rivera

"Riley" Alex whispered trying to wake me up. "What?" I said barely opening my eyes.

"Wake up it's 7:30" she said.

I got out of bed and put on jean shorts and a plain white tee shirt on.

I quickly threw my hair in a pony since we would be driving for a couple hours. Alex invited this girl Blair. She's nice. I'm not close with her though.

I took my bag upstairs and met with Jonah, Alex, and Blair. Blair was very pretty.

Like drop dead freaking gorgeous.

She was standing next to Jonah. She kept glancing up at him. No bitch.

"Good morning babe" he said kissing the top of my head. "Mornin" I smiled at him.

Jonah Marais

I pretty sure Blair likes me. But Blair is a sweetheart. She wouldn't try to rip us apart.

I kinda feel bad because she's so nice and stuff and I don't feel the same way.

"You guys ready?" Trevor asked. We all nodded and headed out the door and into the van.

I couldn't let Blair get between Riley and I. I mean yeah Blair was pretty but not pretty like Riley.

Riley doesn't need very much makeup to be pretty.

She's just naturally beautiful.

We started driving off. Shannon in the passenger seat, Trevor driving, Blair and Alex in the middle, then Riley and I in the very back.

There was lots of room back here.

I looked out the window and watched the buildings pass by as we left the city. I loved camping.

"You excited?" Riley asked. I turned around. "Yeah definitely" I smiled genuinely.

"that's good." She smiled back.

"Oh here we go guys!" Shannon said cranking the radio.

Riley Rivera

Shannon had put on 'Its Raining Men' by Geri Halliwell.

Jonah started using his pop bottle as a mic and lip synced.

It was adorable.

I started giggling. "You are adorable" I whispered getting more serious.

"Babe, you're more adorable." He said. I blushed and looked down. He was still looking at me.

-

We had stopped at a gas station to go to the washrooms and get snacks. We were all goofing around in the little "convenient store" where they had snacks.

"Riley! Think fast!" Alex said throwing a package of mini Oreos at me, hitting me in the face.

I burst out laughing. "Are you Okay?" Jonah said in tears. "Yes" nodded still laughing.

"I'll actually take these." I said picking them up off the floor. Still kinda laughing.

"Christ Alex..." Blair shook her head.

We walked up to the counter all trying not to giggle. "That'll be $22.82 please" the cashier said in a monotone voice.

"Here" Alex said handing her a 20 and a 5, trying not to laugh. She put it in her register and we left immediately.

Right when we got out, we burst out laughing. "H-Her voice was so monotone" Blair said dying.

"I know" I said tearing up. "She hates us so much" Alex said as we piled into the van.

"Children what'd you do this time" Shannon said raising an eyebrow at us.

"Nothing" Alex giggled. All of us still grinning. "Teenagers..." Shannon shook her head at Trevor.

After that we drove off back onto the highway. Jonah and I started watching a movie on his laptop.

I laid my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me. We were watching
'The Spectacular Now'

It was my favourite movie.

I ended up falling asleep though.

Jonah Marais

I noticed she fell asleep. I continued watching the movie. It wasn't too bad. I mean better than a horror movie.

I hated horror movies.

Blair and Alex were talking about the One Direction breakup.

I was getting kinda bored. I decided to put in my earbuds and fall asleep.

*dream*

"Please Jonah" Riley begged in tears. "I'm sorry. I have to go." I replied.

I was sitting on my bed and she was kneeling in front of me. "I don't know what I'll do with myself when you're gone." She cried.

"I'm sorry." I bawled. "It has to be this way." I added. Riley continued crying. "Baby I'm so sorry it has to be this way. But it's safe this way." I said.

"I know." She replied. "I'm just worried about you..."

*end of dream*

I woke up to someone shaking me. "Guys, guys we're here" Alex. Riley still in my arms.

As we gathered our things I couldn't get my mind off my dream. Could it mean something?

I hope not.

There were 2 tents. 1 gigantic tent that you can literally stand up straight in, then a normal tent where Alex's parents would sleep.

We set up our little area where we would sleep for the next 4 days. The way our tent was set up was, there was a big area in the middle, then at the front was the main entrance, then on each side was a mini "room" I guess, then another at the back.

Although the back "room" was used for food and camping stuff so Riley and I slept on either side of the entrance then Blair had a room and Alex had a room.

There wasn't anything blocking the rooms from the main part of the tent though.