Chapter Nineteen | House Guest.

ابدأ من البداية

“I like your shirt.” Chad spoke up rather boldly, yet as both sets of eyes turned to him that confidence vanished. Braydon didn’t like seeing the kid so, weak. No one should be left feeling so insecure so taking a page from Rory’s book, extended his fist.

“Thanks bro!”

Chad looked at him cautiously, being a dopey grin appeared and he bumped his fist against Braydon’s.

“Let’s go.” Carolina interrupted their second of bonding, taking off down the street as she practically dragged Chad along with her. For reasons Braydon didn’t understand, he followed after them, which only made Carolina angrier.

“Why are you following us?”

“I-“He didn’t know.

“You stink like her, you don’t need to keep rubbing it in my face!” She practically screamed at him, causing a few people walking past to stare.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.” Braydon stumbled over his words, “I want to help, you with them. The other, ah, the pups.”

Chad stood a little taller, obviously interested in the offer. Carolina hadn’t mentioned Braydon since that night they all met, but her mood had been terrible to the point of being unbearable. For mates, they were acting rather strangely towards each other.

“Well they don’t need you.” She spat, clenching her hands into fists as her wolf was eager for release.

“Please-“

“No! Until you change your mind over that human, I don’t know, want or need you in my life!”

Her words cut Braydon more than he ever expected and the look on Chads face was unreadable, Carolina’s word packing even more punch to the teen. Then he ran.

For a runt, he was quick. He knew how to use what strengths he did possess and managed to duck and weave through the crowd that it was hard for the duo to keep up. The second they realised he was gone, Carolina turned on Braydon.

“This is your fault!”

“My fault, I want to help them, and you made it all about you! Knowing what he is, why would you say that?” Braydon didn’t back down. He did feel responsible and he knew arguing wasn’t going to help. With a growl, he turned – unable to find a strong enough scent to follow. The kid didn’t really carry the usual smell of a shifter, and for now it was working in Chad’s favour.

Carolina called the others, asking them to tell her the second Chad turned up at home and seeing Braydon running off down the street, followed him.

“What are you doing?” She demanded.

“Finding him.” Braydon answered, finally getting something to use.