"OUCH!"

He was shunted forwards as Aubrey rushed to him, looking up to see a very apathetic Kenny staring forwards, "Whoops. I didn't see you th... Aubrey?!"

She glowered at him, "Kenny!"

"Wh-what are you doing here? You're not allowed to be in here!"

"She's been in here a lot recently - "

"Shhh!" Aubrey hissed, standing up straight to meet Kenny's eye.

His tough exterior had vanished as Kenny now stuttered, "I thought it was just one of the twins, I wouldn't have done that if I'd known you were there! I'm sorry, Aubrey - "

"That doesn't make it any better!"

"You're sorry, Aubrey?" Fred huffed, "I'm the one you bloody hit, mate."

Despite being in the wrong, Kenny squared his shoulders stubbornly, "I'm not your mate ... anyway, consider that payback for making me sick."

"You're still angry about that?" Fred asked, genuinely mystified as Aubrey rolled her eyes at both of them.

"Considering I hit you with a door, think you can figure that one out on your own," Kenny replied before turning to Aubrey, "And please don't tell, Angela, I told her I'd got over this a long time ago..."

Aubrey raised an eyebrow, "Well, maybe - "

Aubrey, shut up

Even though she wasn't too happy, Fred rarely cut her off like this, so she obliged, glancing down at him, "What? Why? I was about to give him a witty comeback!"

Oh, what was it?

"... okay, I lied, it wasn't that witty at all," She admitted.

I think I've found a way for Kenny to make it up to us ... 

"Aubrey, go on..." Kenny prompted.

"I don't want to," She murmured, turning back to Fred who's back was suddenly conveniently healed, "Fred, hon, what are you doing?..."

"Consider it forgotten," He grinned, extending a hand towards Kenny, "We can put it behind us..."

For a second Kenny eyed it up tentatively, checking for any potential humiliation before shaking it, "Alright..."

"You know since Aubrey and I became ..." He turned to her, asking telepathically:

What exactly are we?

She simply shrugged, "You can't ask me questions of your own when you haven't answered mine ... what are you doing?!"

"Friends who are maybe more than friends but ... friends," Fred finished, "Well, we haven't really hung out - "

"Yes, because you've been spending every waking hour with her," Kenny replied.

"I've spent so much time with her that at points it almost felt like I was her," At this, Aubrey gently dug her elbow into his ribs, raising an eyebrow, "In a metaphorical sense, so I thought it would make sense if we were friends too."