Chapter Four

Although the twins remained on one side of the classroom, several meters away, Aubrey was still well aware that this was the closest she had ever been (and probably would get) to them. Although she had liked George for almost six months now, the only way she could tell them apart was when they spoke, visually they were near identical.

"What do we say?" Aubrey hissed out of the corner of her mouth, but Kenny was completely despondent to the point where she was actually a little worried. She noticed his eyes kept flicking to Fred's hand and really hoped he wasn't nervous about the dust monster still.

"Kenny?" Still no reply; Aubrey realised that she needed to take matters into her own hands as Fred and George were starting to look at them weirdly.

"I'm Aubrey Jackson and I was wondering if you could help us be older."

"Be older?" The twins repeated back to her.

"Yep, be older, with a spell or a potion."

"With a spell or a potion?" They repeated again in unnerving unison. She knew that they did that but had never realised how terrifying it could be.

"Yep, we want to enter the Triwizard Tournament," Somehow, she'd managed to stop her voice from stammering and sounded vaguely confident. Perhaps it was Kenny's complete meltdown that was spurring her on.

"The Triwizard Tournament?"

"Yeah, that's what I just said..." She began before noticing the grins on both of the twins' faces. They were messing with her, "Hey, stop repeating me!"

"Stop repeating me!" They retorted back.

"I said stop!"

"I said stop!" They grinned again.

"Seriously, I am - "

"We're bored now anyway," One of them said, breaking the unison, "We were just messing around with you - "

"Nothing personal," The other one took over, "We do it with everyone - "

"Now what can we do for you?" They finished in time and Aubrey had to pause for a few moments to reconfigure her thoughts.

"Make us older..." Aubrey said slowly, even though she was pretty sure she'd said it before. There was still a chance she hadn't, her mind was slightly buzzing from the fact she was actually completely one of her resolutions.

"Make you older, you say?" One of them asked with a cheeky grin and it was in the moment, she knew it was Fred. George's grins were mischievous and dryer whereas Fred had a grin like a pixie, "Well, that can be arranged, right Forge?"

"Indeed, Gred," The other one replied. It took Aubrey a few moments to realise that they'd switched names... sort of and had to pause again whilst she reconfigured her thoughts. The one which she thought was George (but was now being called 'Forge') , pulled a strange coloured box from behind them, opening it up to reveal hundreds of tiny coloured pills and powders. From the secrecy this meeting had been arranged, Aubrey was beginning to think this was some sort of drug deal instead of just a casual meet up Kenny had promised.

"Um... what are those?"

"Why, age changing tablets of course," 'Gred' replied.

"Simply pick the age you want and how long you want it for and you're on your way," 'Forge' continued, moving his hand over the colourful array.

"Which age should I choose? Kenny, any suggestions, hon?" She glanced back at her friend who was still sitting blankly on the table. Usually he seemed quite chatty but today he'd malfunctioned, that was the only explanation for it, "Okay, no suggestions then..."