Chapter Fifty Seven

Start from the beginning

Or woman, Aubrey would have added if she could tear her eyes off of Lexy.

" - if you're going to control us anyway, might as well have a chance to bask in your glory first," Fred replied, a strange tempted gleam appearing in 'Mad-Eye's' dull, stormy grey eyes, "You tampered with magic that hadn't been used in centuries, swapping minds - "

"It wasn't an easy feat," Mad-Eye' admitted, his wand still pointed on the boys at all times, "I had to do things others would cower from, true bravery. It could have backfired but I did it for him - "

"Except you had no idea who'd you performed the spells on," Fred guessed, noticing the man's face hardening slightly, "They had to reveal themselves to you and then you lured them in, right?"

'Mad-Eye' paused for a few moments before sneering, his eyes now wild and crazy, "I had some idea, this eye's not just for show - "

"It isn't?" Fred asked, "I thought it was just there to look pretty."

George grinned, "I was thinking of getting one myself actually."

To this, 'Moody's' eyes flared but Aubrey suddenly realised something: his wand was no longer pointing at Lexy. Gently, she felt Fred nudge her as George continued with an elaborate speech on high fashion. Glancing down, she realised his finger was subtly pointing at the door ... the door which 'Mad-Eye' in his haste hadn't locked.

"So what else have you done?" Fred asked, "What is this for?"

"Something wonderful," Mad-Eye sneered, "And it will be down to me, his most loyal servant."

"Whose?" George asked, carefully shifting in the opposite direction to Lexy, succeeding in drawing Mad-Eye to turn his back on the controlled girl. They had the element of surprise on their side, Moody's eyes gleaming with no doubt twisted fantasies. Taking the chance, she grabbed Lexy's wrist, holding her free hand towards the door as she screamed, "Accio door!"

BHAM!

The door slammed against the wall, an awful screeching sound cutting piercing the air as the hinges desperately strained in the direction of her wand. Mad-Eye was alert within seconds, Fred barely managing a protection charm as a flash of white light came towards them. The four scrambled out of the office in a chaotic, mad dash, almost tripping over themselves in their haste.

Fred and George sprinted ahead but suddenly, as if in a twisted nightmare, Lexy's legs were refusing to move, the girl slowly growing limper like a rag doll. Echoing around the corridors, she could hear the clicking of Mad-Eye's boots growing closer by the second; it was pointless to try and outrun him.

"No, no, no please," Aubrey whimpered as Lexy's pace slowed further, refusing to move any quicker no matter how hard she tugged, "Lexy, please - "

"Aubrey," Fred was suddenly by her side, his curls tickling her face but she fought him off.

"Go, please," She whispered, "Tell Dumbledore ... "

"No, are you mental? I'm not leaving you - "

"Don't be noble, just go! I can handle this, please!" She begged, a bead of sweat rolling down her face as she continued the hopeless task of tugging Lexy, "Find him and tell him, I'll try and hide her..." Her eyes came across a small door a few meters away, "Fred, run ... now."

Gently, she pushed him away, sighing with relief as the boy's pace slowly quickened before he disappearing out of sight. Mad-Eye's footsteps were becoming closer yet adrenaline spurred her on, kicking the door open, which turned out to be a broom cupboard and quickly locked it with her wand.