03 | social butterfly

"Mr. Wayne?" Alfred called out, glancing around the mansion to look for his employer. 

Bruce walked out from behind a counter, a bottle of fine wine, that had presumably been aging for some time and subsequently drank rather quickly, loosely clutched in his hands, "Yes, Alfred?" 

"You have an invitation from one Mr. Stark, for a party in two days time." Alfred told him, his silver eyebrows raised, carefully observing the boy that had, over the years, become less of an employer and more of a son to him. A son who admittedly did not get out much, and preferred to spend his free time fighting crime or absolutely plastered. Both activities were always done alone.

He sighed, "I know. I've seen it, I'm not going to go, you know what Stark's parties are like. Everybody knows what Stark's parties are like." 

Alfred shook his head disapprovingly, "It's been so long since you've left the manor for something other than crime-fighting. While I support that wholeheartedly, you haven't had proper social interaction in quite a while." 

Bruce guffawed, gesturing grandly with the bottle of wine clutched in his grip, "Are you calling me a loner, Alfred?" 

"Perhaps," The older man shrugged, his voice stern and fatherly - rife with the hope that Bruce would in fact get out of the house, before nodding and walking off, leaving Bruce alone in the kitchen. 

"Stark, huh?" Bruce muttered to himself, running a hand through his hair, "A party won't kill me." He quickly turned his attention back to the wine, Tony's party invite pushed firmly at the back of his head.