I need you(Camren)

Camren one shot

------------------------------

Laurens POV

It’s 12:23 in the morning which officially means that it has been 9 days since Camila and I last talked and 3 days since I’ve slept. I don’t really know why we stopped talking all I know is that it sucks. Three days ago, I walked past a room in the recording studio where I heard the muffled voices of Camila and Ally. I don’t know much except that the word “Lauren” came up a lot. I felt physically sick. Our once unmistakeable connection has fizzled into nothingness.

I turn over in my bed sighing. I am done with this. I am done not talking to her and I am done missing her. I slowly creep out of my bed and out of the hotel room careful not to wake up the sleeping Normani. I make my way down the hotel hallway. I’m not worried about waking her up, she never sleeps anyway, I am worried about her reaction though. I take a deep breath before parking myself in front of her hotel room. I raise my shaking hand and knock on the door twice. I hear footsteps coming closer to the door and then there is silence. I know she’s looking at me through the peephole and I feel as though I’m being analyzed under a microscope. I hear her shaky breathe before hearing the locks being undone. She opens the door so slowly that it creaks loudly, echoing through the deserted hall. 

Her eyes connect to mine, giving me a confused look. I look her up and down smiling at the pink onesie she’s now famous for. “Hi,” I manage to croak out, losing my cool I was desperately trying to keep my grasp on. She skips straight to the chase beginning to interrogate me, “Why are you here?” Expected but still undeniably heartbreaking. “I miss you.. And I want you to take a walk with me.” She turns around and this time, closes the door rather quickly. She begins to start walking leaving me by the door, “You coming or not.” I begin to catch up to her and we walk without a word while I begin to lead her towards a door going outside. I take a seat on the cold bench before patting the seat next to me gesturing for her to sit down. She does. 

"So. Camila I don’t know what started all of this I think it just happened. We just stopped talking and that really, really just sucks. I miss you and I miss our conversations, our jokes and everything about you. You just have this way of brightening my day and now that’s just gone. We haven’t talked in nine days. I’ve been counting. And I heard you and Ally talking about me at the recording studio. Three days ago. You know the last time I slept? Three days ago. Maybe this is all my fault. Maybe I pressured you into something you didn’t want. But I can promise you that wasn’t my intention. I know we weren’t labeled but that doesn’t mean I was with anyone else. It was always you. I know you had your suspicions when I went back home and went out to parties but nothing ever happened. Ask anyone. I promise. I guess I’m just trying to say that friends or more than that, I just need you in one form or another and I’ll take what I can get."

I finally look up once again to meet her gaze and she giggles. “Why are you laughing?” I ask once again returning to my nervous croaky voice. “I’m just,” she begins while wrapping her arms around the back of her neck while placing her forehead delicately on mine, “really, really happy.” She begins to push one of my locks behind my ear before slowly leaning in kissing me. I snake my arms around her waist bringing her closer tasting her strawberry lips. I don’t think I’m going to sleep again tonight, but for much better reasons.